Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Only One Stomp Box Allowed …. - FX Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Only One Stomp Box Allowed ….

What's Hot
I’m sure this discussion’s been had in various guises, but if you could only keep one of your stomp boxes, what would it be?

<CHEAT ALERT> 

For me it would be the EHX Tone Tattoo.  Three in one: Metal Muff, Memory Toy and Neo Clone.  I’d happily gig with just that
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1488
    My son would say his venerable Korg AX3G.

Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I mean obviously HX Stomp. But assuming that's not allowed, is there a delay with a separately tweak able preamp that works even when the delay is off?

Otherwise it's probably the Kingsley Page, even though I've only had it a couple of weeks I genuinely believe it's that good. See also Benson Preamp. And I know that cleanish preamps are boring but those two are just so damn good.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Full fat Helix.

If that's cheating then (a) get back in the sea, (2) Boss RE-20
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Unit 67
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Deco
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    Peacekeeper assuming it’s with my Princeton.  
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2600
    Trio+
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Deco
    Ah shit. Ok yeah it's this. I haven't used mine for a while. And I guess I'll take the v2 if we're going there!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 1965
    Cali76 stacked is the one pedal I couldn't live without 
  • Why would you even put such a horrific thought in our heads?
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 557
    edited September 2023
    Anyone who doesn't write tuner down must have pitch perfect hearing =) 
  • Assuming my HX FX isn't allowed, Strymon El Capitan followed by a visit to the classifieds to get a multi channel amp 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    Boss ME-50.

But if that counts as cheating, Boss DF-2.

Anyone who doesn't write tuner down must have pitch perfect hearing =) 
    Or a clip-on tuner ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• Nope, can't do it.

Maaaaaaybe the Disaster Transport Sr, but I'd need to learn to use amp drive then and have it in the loop.

Hmmm.

Or a Rat (let's try a Deucetone Rat if I'm selling off everything else) and I'd learn to give up my delay addiction. Maybe get an amp with a nice verb. And trem. 

Hmmmm.

Nope.
  • Fredric Utility Perkolator, or possibly my Zvex Double Rock. 
  • I was kinda thinking stomp box, not multi-FX, but Hell, we’re all friends here. There don’t have to be rules
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6304
    GFI Orca cos it is a brilliant little delay pedal and I could just use the amp drive, except the Orca is currently up for sale in the classifieds so... 

Sonus Jimi Mod 68 Fuzz. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 291
    Jerms mk1
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Miku. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Captain Coconut
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 4930
    Toss up between my Thorpyfx Bonertender or my Skreddy hybrid fuzz driver….or my Lovepedal Les Lius….can’t decide  :#
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4389
    edited September 2023
    The answer, as always, is a Rat

(Read as self oscillatng delay)
  • NickBNickB Frets: 156
    Barber Gain Changer or Barber 1/2 Gainer. 
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    joyo American Sound
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    Boss OD2 or Way Huge Pork Loin.
    But I'd settle for a treble booster.
  • Boss OD-1. The first pedal I bought, when I was 15, and it has figured in all the bands and recording projects I’ve been involved in.
  • Probably an analogue delay. Maybe DOD rubberneck, then I could use it for modulation as well. 
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8207
    tFB Trader
    I don’t use pedals, but I’d opt to keep my Korg DRT2000
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 5837
    Carbon Copy Mini
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    Klon
    if not a Deco