Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Alleged Terrorist Prison Escape - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Alleged Terrorist Prison Escape

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 10961
    Latest is that he was arrested on a bike in Northolt.

There were definitely sightings in Chiswick, and helicopters around all night.  Must have found a bike somewhere in Chiswick and made a dash for it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 6650
    edited September 2023
    They're saying now he was nabbed in Northolt - not Chiswick.

He was enjoying a leisurely bike ride until a plain clothes officer pulled him off!

*read in a Frankie Howerd voice
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • They got him earlier in West London.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Apparently he had a couple of dangerously out-of-control dogs about his person.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Offset said:
    Apparently he had a couple of dangerously out-of-control dogs about his person.
    Yeah the Belgrano sisters. :astonished: 
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8107
    I bet he'll get away with it. They won't even charge him for nicking the bike.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Bike, towpath, crim and copper.  

No splash?

Me calls this as fake!
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    It is very weird........surely anybody that was a serious terror concern or even a serious jailbreaker petty-crook wouldn't have been riding around like a kid on a bike a few miles from his old home and the prison.
    He would have been hundreds of miles away in an anonymous/discreet safe-house waiting for the dust to settle .
    All a bit disappointingly un-dramatic ......he could at least have been hauled from a dockside shipping container or traced to a derelict cottage or cave in the middle of a remote forest nabbed whilst roasting a squirrel over a makeshift fire.....I think even Raoul Moat did a bit better .
    He wasn't even found with a stick-on beard and changed hair-style .
    Maybe he just popped out for a cheeky Nandos in the first place .
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 9175
    edited September 2023
    Yea it's weird because it's so easy to disguise yourself these days. People wear huge hoodies, balaclavas as standard fashion. No one blinks at someone wear a surgical mask so he could have had a baseball cap, sunglasses and a mask and no one would have noticed him and he could have got on any train and been anywhere and identifying him would have been very difficult.

Apparently one woman who recognised him said he was very gentle and sweet with her dogs and commented that he had just got out of the army. Not exactly mastermind stuff is it. 

I wonder if he is just a very immature, troubled young man who got himself in a lot of trouble by making a lot of stupid decisions without actually having the ability to follow through with any of it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    Yes. My earlier theory that it was carefully planned, he had outside help and he was now with the Iranians doesn't really hold up that well with hindsight... :)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8107

I wonder if he is just a very immature, troubled young man who got himself in a lot of trouble by making a lot of stupid decisions without actually having the ability to follow through with any of it. 
    Yes. It's not exactly John le Carre stuff.

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Dishwasher.
  • Kilgore said:

Yes. It's not exactly John le Carre stuff.

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Dishwasher.
    Maybe it was like, he put a saucepan with some wires in it outside a building and called in a bomb threat and then slid into the Iranian Embassy DMs with a copy of the army social club listings with a 'you want more? Send £3.56 to my PayPal or I go to the North Koreans'. 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 10961
    Yea it's weird because it's so easy to disguise yourself these days. People wear huge hoodies, balaclavas as standard fashion. No one blinks at someone wear a surgical mask so he could have had a baseball cap, sunglasses and a mask and no one would have noticed him and he could have got on any train and been anywhere and identifying him would have been very difficult.

Apparently one woman who recognised him said he was very gentle and sweet with her dogs and commented that he had just got out of the army. Not exactly mastermind stuff is it. 

Not on Friday they weren't.  It was horribly hot.  Still is.

You would stick out like a sore thumb wearing that in this weather.
  • danodano Frets: 1484
    edited September 2023
    I see they've charged him with escaping prison. Say he gets 2yrs for that, but if found not guilty or charges dropped for the original offense, what happens to the prison break sentence? 
    edited September 2023
    crunchman said:

Yea you'd think so but roadmen walk around in massive coats and hoodies regardless of the weather mate. You may look at them like they're mental but I guarantee they won't take their Canadian Goose winter coat off for anything. Last year when I was in Spain there was a family and two of the kids were dressed like this for the whole holiday. They were in a huge coat whether they were at the pool, on the lounger or at the disco in the evening. It was 35 degrees every day. 

But even if he didn't adopt mad fashion trends, a T shirt, cap, glasses and a mask would still pass I think. 
    dano said:
    I see they've charged him with escaping prison. Say he gets 2yrs for that, but if found not guilty or charges dropped for the original offense, what happens to the prison break sentence? 
    Interesting point

said:
    crunchman said:

Yea you'd think so but roadmen walk around in massive coats and hoodies regardless of the weather mate. You may look at them like they're mental but I guarantee they won't take their Canadian Goose winter coat off for anything. Last year when I was in Spain there was a family and two of the kids were dressed like this for the whole holiday. They were in a huge coat whether they were at the pool, on the lounger or at the disco in the evening. It was 35 degrees every day. 

But even if he didn't adopt mad fashion trends, a T shirt, cap, glasses and a mask would still pass I think. 
    You're so right ..........I saw a Roadman kid yesterday shvitzing his nuts off in an outfit that looked like it escaped from an E17 Christmas video ............innit bro'
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2600

So all those naysayers who didn't want facial recognition and instant phone tapping etc... where are you now eh?
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    yeah , sooner we're all microchipped at birth the better eh ?
    edited September 2023
    blobb said:

So all those naysayers who didn't want facial recognition and instant phone tapping etc... where are you now eh?
    I'm here. If capturing the worlds worst prison escapee who escaped because of government under funding and incompetence in the prison service means we give up all our privacy, I'm okay with him being on the run for another day until another dog walker spots him when he tries to feed a dog treat to a cockerpoo, who proceeds to lick his face until he gives himself up without the need for covert and constant surveillance on 80 year old Doris from down the road. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 1583
    Ah, the old “stage a so-called terror suspect escape to justify the half billion pounds spent on a surveillance system that’s done fuck all for 6 years” I see 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2600
    I'm not drawing conclusions, you lot are drawing conclusions. :#
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5218
    blobb said:

I meant April. ~ Simon Weir

Bit of trading feedback here.

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4001
    edited September 2023
    Bloke at work just told me his daughter went to school with him in Teddington. Same school as Keira Nightly and Sean Pertwee. 

He’s been added to the list of notable alumni on Wikipedia…

Daniel Khalife - former soldier and prison escapee. 

lol 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

To be fair to the chap, there aren’t too many people who can say they’ve escaped from prison. 

I’m just sorry for the guy that he didn’t make more of his breakout and leg it somewhere safe, possibly get out of the country on a fishing trawler or something. 

His inevitable book and/or film is going to be very short. 

• droflufdrofluf Frets: 3144
    Haych said:
    To be fair to the chap, there aren’t too many people who can say they’ve escaped from prison. 

I’m just sorry for the guy that he didn’t make more of his breakout and leg it somewhere safe, possibly get out of the country on a fishing trawler or something. 

His inevitable book and/or film is going to be very short. 
    Yes, can't see it being as successful as The Great Escape; strapped underneath a Transit Van* is hardly jumping the wire on a Triumph TR6.

*I know it wasn't actually a transit van, give me some poetic licence :) 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    blobb said:

Sounds more like the Keystone Cops than sophisticated, coordinated inter-agency collaboration.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Now the news is that he may have used a knotted bedsheet in the escape. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66774245
    How very Boys Own.
    Now the news is that he may have used a knotted bedsheet in the escape. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66774245
    How very Boys Own.
    How resourceful, not only in using what he had to hand but in also getting it into a place without being see where he could use it. 

Hats off to the guy!

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Haych said:
    How very Boys Own.
    How resourceful, not only in using what he had to hand but in also getting it into a place without being see where he could use it. 

Hats off to the guy!
    Definitely. If he had escaped from a castle after being held by the dastardly Hun, we'd all be cheering him on to a home run...
  • When I was a probation officer one of my chaps had opportunistically nicked £50k in cash. He hadn't made a plan and just didn't know what to do with it. He just sat at home with £50,000 in a bag until the police came. He was relatively wealthy and rather anxious for an afternoon and then ended up in prison. Seems like Khalife was a bit the same - took the opportunity to escape presented to him by a comedy of errors and then had no idea what to do next so just hung around until someone made the decision for him. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break.