Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). New Stones album - Music Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

New Stones album

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    Now I know what he saw in Marianne Faithful - fashion tips!
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • My problem with the Stones, is that I dont like the singers voice :) 
    “Ken sent me.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I've been to Hollywood and it looks so glamorous in videos, this one looks like a few drives up and down Hollywood Boulevard, but in person, walking the streets, it's grimy, smells of weed and quite seedy, the camera is quite flattering in Hollywood.

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    I like it, it sounds like the Stones, I don’t expect them to evolve, just bring out new stuff in a similar style. 

I also enjoy the present not harp back to the past or wait for the future - that way lies disappointment and dissatisfaction - why inflict unhappiness on yourself?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    roberty said:
    Brought to you by Melodyne 

Yeah that's got a butt load of processing on it.

I made it about 1:30 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    In isolation it's not a bad song. The trouble is you can't listen to it in isolation and it's clearly nowhere near as good as their best stuff and doesn't offer anything new either. 

Also I'm still unclear what Ronnie actually does musically - there's barely any second guitar audible throughout?! 
    Live the answer is plays pentatonics in a random key completely out of time.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 931
    Thought the billboard video was really clever
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Even if the album is poor, it's amazing that they have done one! Well done lads!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • The Album is called Hackney Diamonds; the video shows Sunset Boulevard. I suppose the world is not ready for the East End.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I suspect Keef is playing bass

previously 'retsacotarts' on music radar forum
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4314
    I like the track but it doesn't sound like the Stones 'cos the drums are all wrong.  Charlie would never have played like this.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • Trouble is they gotta put something out there that might appeal to the mainstream radio. So it's hard to please everyone with a single innit?

I do quite like it.
    It's "Stones by Numbers"
    Again, I like that. 

For me, it sort of reminded me of "Start Me Up" (the guitar parts in places) which is one of my fav Stones tracks. So it was very easy for me to get into.

It's better than the new GnR stuff (sorry but it just is...) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426

It's better than the new GnR stuff (sorry but it just is...) 
    Well, since *any* Stones stuff is better than any GnR...

;)

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• No, it's not bad, but it's not great either. And in your heart you kind of know that although it sounds all right, it's actually just shite. 

- Sick Boy 

• rlw said:
    I like the track but it doesn't sound like the Stones 'cos the drums are all wrong.  Charlie would never have played like this.
    Yes exactly. Sounds like Primal Scream trying to sound like the Stones.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Oh no, they've released another track that sounds like the Stones ;)

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mrkb said:
    Oh no, they've released another track that sounds like the Stones ;)

Thumbs up from me, early 70's Stones, good tune.
  • The hook is basically from Redding's Dreams to Remember?
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • LitterickLitterick Frets: 476

"From my point of view, the essential thing about making a record is that the singer has to want to sing the material. 

"Mick, given a song that he's not interested in, can really make it bad. And that's maybe one of the reasons it took 18 years, because Mick's waves of enthusiasm come and go."

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-67017912