Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Do you wear slippers? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Do you wear slippers?

What's Hot

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 4930
    edited September 2023
    There always a blind panic before any hospital stays….Slippers, the bloody letter says I need slippers….do they think I’m 80 years old? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Sassafras said:
    Next step on from slippers is incontinence pants.
    If you wet yourself regularly, the next step should be a visit to your GP.

I hope they can sort you out. :) 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    Emp_Fab said:
    No.  When the weather is warm enough I'm naked almost all the time in the house.  I hate wearing clothes.  

Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    Yep, I have a pair of murderers' slippers.
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    Emp_Fab said:
    No.  When the weather is warm enough I'm naked almost all the time in the house.  I hate wearing clothes.  

So every post I've made since May, I've been naked typing it.

Just remember that......

Nekkid....

It wouldn't be so bad if you used your fingers to type....

Personally, I have a set of wool, not synthetic, slippers I order from Bulgaria every 5 years or so. Well worth the cost when amortised, minimal sweaty smells and a godsend in my cold house with me bad circulation. They are one of my most valuable posessions.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 3950
    For some reason Crocs don't get much love.  I have no idea why not; I think they're fab.
    And you can wear them in two different modes:

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I think I had some slippers at one point when I was a child. MrsTheWeary has some alpaca fur ones, bit gross really but Cheddar thinks they are prey so she can’t wear them any more. 
    I don’t mind a croc for practical reasons eg popping into the garden. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Grunfeld said:
    For some reason Crocs don't get much love.  I have no idea why not; I think they're fab.

They've never particularly appealed and I haven't tried them, but (a) they look rather rigid and therefore potentially uncomfortable and (b) do they not get very sweaty inside, despite the ventilation?
    I can confirm that crocs get very sweaty, for me anyway. For light tasks, and outdoors, they are fine. Less rigid than they look.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 3950
    edited September 2023
    Philly_Q said:
    Grunfeld said:

They've never particularly appealed and I haven't tried them, but (a) they look rather rigid and therefore potentially uncomfortable and (b) do they not get very sweaty inside, despite the ventilation?

Yep, I wondered the same things and somehow I originally held the belief that Crocs were footwear for peasants (probably cos I'd never seen the queen wearing them).  Anyway:
    (a) They are not too rigid at all -- they just look that way.
    (b) Weirdly no.  I find them warm in winter, cool in summer. 
    (c) Annoyingly I have not found knock-off versions of cheap Crocs to be any good.  I don't see why not cos they're just made out of the same stuff that makes foam bananas as far as I can tell but hey ho, the knock offs have all been a waste of money.
    (d) I think the comfyness comes from the way that Crocs are actually foot-shaped.  The big toe is the longest bit and the little toe is the shortest bit -- just like a foot, and decidedly not like every other shoe, trainer, and boot that I own.

GoFish said:
    I can confirm that crocs get very sweaty, for me anyway. For light tasks, and outdoors, they are fine. Less rigid than they look.
    I must admit I've been put off Crocs since a friend who has a (very small) farm said she'd spent the previous afternoon shovelling a big pile of manure. 
    "Oh, you were out there in your wellies then?" I said.
    "No, just bare feet and my Crocs", she said.
    "The same ones you're wearing now...?"  :s
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 189
    edited September 2023
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4697
    Yes I do, and have done for years.  Shoes off and slippers on as soon as we come in from outside.

I get a new pair every year from Asda or similar - £10 a time. 20p per week seems very fair for comfy feet.

• Philly_Q said:
    GoFish said:
    I must admit I've been put off Crocs since a friend who has a (very small) farm said she'd spent the previous afternoon shovelling a big pile of manure. 
    You can just hose them down though, easier to clean than wellies or other footwear.

I've got Raynaud's, so in the winter I wear thermal socks with my furry lined slippers. In the summer I'll wear slippers or cheapo crocs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    westford said:
    Philly_Q said:
    GoFish said:
    You can just hose them down though, easier to clean than wellies or other footwear.

I've got Raynaud's, so in the winter I wear thermal socks with my furry lined slippers. In the summer I'll wear slippers or cheapo crocs.

There are dozens of us. Dozens!

*Actually bloody loads*
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Roland said:
    Emp_Fab said:

Personally, I’m quite happy without the pics, but each to their own ….
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Being naked is unnatural.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • swillerswiller Frets: 662
    See i dont class crocs as slippers, nor flip flops or sandals. These imposters are worn by all ages, so zero old fart vibe going on and you can often see peoples toes, which is not a feature of slippers thank god. 

Have the dunlopesque twin gussets on today and perfect for a sunday afternoon , roasting some game and pottering about. Great for mental and foot health.  Only 10 sheets per pair = complete remington.

Hoping slipper shots takes off in the classifieds alongside the goods for sale. Good for the perceived calibre of the vendor.

Dont worry, be silly.
  • I can confirm that crocs get very sweaty, for me anyway. For light tasks, and outdoors, they are fine. Less rigid than they look.
    I wear mine in the shower when they need a clean  :)
  • edited September 2023
    I've got some Birkenstock Andermatts and some puffy Adidas ones that are still in the wardrobe

swiller said:

Hoping slipper shots takes off in the classifieds alongside the goods for sale. Good for the perceived calibre of the vendor.

Anyone who doesn't wear slippers is no gentleman.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6460
    Sporky said:
    swiller said:

Anyone who doesn't wear slippers is no gentleman.
    No, it means we are gentlemen with good blood circulation.
  • Falke merino wool for me. Best slippers I’ve had so warm and the sole is thick so can wear outside around the patio etc

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 855
    edited September 2023
    Yes...these,
    Sabahs - warning, not cheap!
    AlbertC said:
    Yes...these,
    Sabahs - warning, not cheap!

That's fine, I won't be buying any. ;)
  • I have 2 pairs of sheepy Uggs. Yes I live in the desert where it's 40C in the day. But the AC makes the floor really cold and our floors are tiled so these keep my feet warm and also protect my toes when I bump into stuff which I do often. 

Highly recommend. 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4697
    ^^ Do you buy those in your usual shoe size, @stickyfiddle or do you buy a size larger to account for the fluffy lining?

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4001
    Fuck no. I don’t wear slippers. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• Nitefly said:
    ^^ Do you buy those in your usual shoe size, @stickyfiddle or do you buy a size larger to account for the fluffy lining?

Mine are a euro 43 which is generally my starting point for other shoes as well. That's a UK 9, and I'd generally take a 9 or 10 in regular shoes, though I think I have a pair of boots in 8.5 and iirc I'm a 10.5 in New Balance, which is stupid. 

In any case, the fluff gets trodden down a bit where you put pressure on it, so they feel very snug for the first couple of weeks but settle in nicely. I'll definitely buy more when I wear them out, which looks like being several years away
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I find with open backs you get more bass & it fills the room more effectively :)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter