Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Apple Carplay - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Apple Carplay

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• steersteer Frets: 1043
    We got a basic spec new car on lease last year. The basic spec lacked in built satnav. But the carplay that we can use with our base model is arguably better than most built in sat navs. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7236
    edited September 2023
    I listen to BBC Sounds (Riley and Co) when I’m in the car. I love a good road trip when I can catch up on a few episodes. 

I much preferred when Marc Riley had his own show, I don’t feel Gideon Coe brings much to this pairing, and the music choice is less focused on new music.  But will take what I can get. 

Also blasting through Thee Oseees back catalogue.  Great driving music.  The new album is great too. 

Anyway, CarPlay makes switching between all of this a breeze. I’ve never once had live radio on in the car since I bought it two years ago. Or, used the cats inbuilt Sat Nav. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    steer said:
    We got a basic spec new car on lease last year. The basic spec lacked in built satnav. But the carplay that we can use with our base model is arguably better than most built in sat navs. 
    I use the phone satnav app in preference to the car one all the time anyway. The phone is more up to date with maps, road closures, diversions etc but more than that, our car’s satnav “voice” is really awful. 
  • Another fan here, we have it in our work vans. Currently in the market for a used car but doubt we can afford one new enough to have car play. Will definitely consider fitting an aftermarket unit if possible. 
  • If you get a mini or BMW from 2015 onwards it has all the bits to do wireless Apple CarPlay it’s just not shown as an option. If you pay £30 on eBay you can get a code sent to you that you “upgrade “ via a usb port and voila Apple CarPlay