Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). When your partner asks you…….. - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

When your partner asks you……..

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• blobbblobb Frets: 2600
    I don't know darling, I've never seen you fat.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • keithfkeithf Frets: 361
    Does this make me look fat?
    Yes, but in defence, it is a small bathroom !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 3775
    Jump in the air and see if you get stuck.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I once told my gf; "...but I like you fat"

Didn't go down well. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    Philly_Q said:
    Offset said:
    Dominic said:
    Offset said:
    "At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder
      What would Jimmy Buffett do?"
    Yay , Another Alan Jackson fan !
    One of my all time favourites......I love the video of his gig where at that precise moment Jimmy Buffet comes on as a Guest and they carry on together singing 5 o'clock somewhere together
    Incidentally ,I'm a huge Buffet fan too ......a Parrothead
    I want to be Jimmy in my next life ........'living on Spongecake' and non-stop Margarita's ....the Mexican 'cuties' would be very welcome too ...........as well as the private Island and the sailboat /private plane/huge bank balance etc etc etc
    We took our daughter to Universal Studios in Florida 7 years ago when I was recovering from illness.  Great fun but there was a Jimmy's 'Margaritaville' bar on the site which I would frequent when I'd had enough of rides and shopping.  I sat there and swilled maggies and was serenaded by JB.  That song featured frequently and I never tired of it.  Fab memories.
    Nearly 40 years ago when I first started work, I shared an office (when offices were dingy little rooms, not open plan) with a guy who was a big Jimmy Buffet fan.  He looked a bit like Catweazle and never did any work, just used to sit there all day moaning about his ex-wife and telling me all about his record collection and his hi-fi system, which sounded much like a repurposed PA system once used by the Grateful Dead (he was also a big Deadhead).
    Jeez.......40 years ago ....you're making me feel old 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976

"Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    edited September 2023
    While we're on this general topic, does anyone know the correct answer when she asks: "which do you prefer between these two outfits". That one never goes well for me.

If I make a choice, I get interrogated about why I don't like the other one.
    If I say "either", I'm accused of not caring what she looks like.
    I've tried: "you look great in everything". But that's not working any more.

Perhaps I should try: "that outfit makes you look fatter". What do you think?

It's not a competition.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • While we're on this general topic, does anyone know the correct answer when she asks: "which do you prefer between these two outfits". That one never goes well for me.

If it's a general question you could say "well I think they both look good on you, are asking in general or are you thinking about a specific time?" - Shows interest, people like that and most women fit into the general group of people.

Or if the event is already implied or known a more general one could be "well I think they both look good on you, but if you're asking my opinion then today I'm really liking the blue one."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    While we're on this general topic, does anyone know the correct answer when she asks: "which do you prefer between these two outfits". That one never goes well for me.

I get asked this every time we're going to a function of some sort.  When I offer my opinion, I get told I'm not paying full attention and am merely providing lip-service because the outfit I've chosen is deficient in some way.

When I dress for the same event, I never ask what I should wear.  I do invariably get the same reaction though:  "You're not wearing that are you?!"

-sigh-
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 10838
    The question is capable of two meanings:

1) have you ever seen me when I've been fatter than I am now?
    2) have you ever been fatter than you are now when you've seen me?

I'd go with the second and have a huge strop. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    "Good lord no, you were HUGE yesterday. Well done ..."
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    You know you have a very long and stable relationship when you can actually answer this sort of question honestly without fear of repercussions.

Although I’ve never been brave enough to say what a - surprisingly young! - friend once said on the subject, which was…

”Fat girls have big tits, so it’s all good.” :)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    Fat girls like the attention.
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2109
    “Only thing fat in here is my raging cock thanks to you.”

Works every time.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 15793
    Offset said:

I get asked this every time we're going to a function of some sort.  When I offer my opinion, I get told I'm not paying full attention and am merely providing lip-service because the outfit I've chosen is deficient in some way.

When I dress for the same event, I never ask what I should wear.  I do invariably get the same reaction though:  "You're not wearing that are you?!"

-sigh-
    "[Dress A] would be great for [situation x]. But I think [dress B] may suit this one better.  What [shoes/jewellery/bag] are you considering wearing with it?"

You don't insult either dress  or how your partner looks in them.  You've demonstrated engagement with the question and left it open enough that you may get an idea what she actually wants to wear ....There is still a strong chance you get it wrong

• While we're on this general topic, does anyone know the correct answer when she asks: "which do you prefer between these two outfits". That one never goes well for me.

I get asked this quite often by Mrs001. I try to be honest, and she’s generally ok with that. If I sense some frustration I’ll just caveat my choice by saying they are both great, however (dolt that I am) I happen to prefer blue over red (etc).

Depersonalise it slightly.

That said, Mrs001 is amazingly gorgeous, looks good in everything and when she’s put weight on I fancy her even more - doubt she’d say the same about me !!!
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2093
    When asked that question you just need to stop and think for a moment - "what would Jesus say?"  =)
    Get behind me Satan