Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). When your partner asks you…….. - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

When your partner asks you……..

What's Hot
SimonCSimonC Frets: 1322
The question with no acceptable correct answer.

”Is this the fattest you’ve ever seen me?”

You can only lose.
7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    "no - But I love being a feeder so let's get the fridge open"
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    edited August 2023
    ..... "No, you look fatter in a bikini".
    ..... "Everybody looks fatter lying down".
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 9764

"Yes, but not as fat as your mum"

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    I don’t know pet there’s a fatty in the way I can’t see you!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • “To be honest, I was going to ask YOU the same thing. Have I put on weight, do you think?” would be a good way to turn it around.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • "Are you asking this because I had to roll you in flour last night to locate the wet spot?"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    You could soften the blow a little, Sid The Sexist style:

"Well ye divvnt sweat much for a fat lass".
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4451
    Yeah, maybe we should go on a diet together
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    It is the oldest I've ever seen you. Does that count?
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    "As long as you're spelling that with a PH, hell yes. Let's snuggle." 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    Yeah, maybe we should go on a diet together
    I did that ...........
    Answer was " Speak for yourself....there you go controlling again ......just because you're fat you think you have to make everybody else join you and do what you want to do "
    I don't mind but I'm not actually that fat 
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2506
    “To be honest, I was going to ask YOU the same thing. Have I put on weight, do you think?” would be a good way to turn it around.

To which the reply would inevitably be:

"Does everything have to be about you?"
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7708
    SimonC said:
    The question with no acceptable correct answer.

”Is this the fattest you’ve ever seen me?”

You can only lose.
    Finally, I thought you were never going to ask...
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3144
    “I’ll just go and ask on the guitar forum how I should answer”
  • TimcitoTimcito Frets: 390
    I don't know - my wife wouldn't ask such a question if she didn't expect at least some recognition that she had gained weight. That said, I'd probably say something to the effect that she looked great, whatever.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 6724
    “To be honest, I was going to ask YOU the same thing. Have I put on weight, do you think?” would be a good way to turn it around.
    I do similar. Immediately say yeah I thought I was as well, and turn it in to a thing where you've both been having a nice time together but maybe now you should eat better or do more exercise.
    We obviously don't then do that though, we just carry on the same and then in another few months say we put weight on again.
  • When asked that question you just need to stop and think for a moment - "what would Jesus say?"  =)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 1965
    I would just pretend to faint in these moments 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 822
    Why would you want to look fatter, you're fuckin huge already!
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 6476
    The correct answer (or at least the one I use) is ‘you look bloody gorgeous as you well know !’

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1334
    ^ Smooth :)
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    Yeah, especially when you wear jeggings and a crop-top you fat slag.
    "At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder
      What would Jimmy Buffett do?"
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    Offset said:
    Yay , Another Alan Jackson fan !
    One of my all time favourites......I love the video of his gig where at that precise moment Jimmy Buffet comes on as a Guest and they carry on together singing 5 o'clock somewhere together
    Incidentally ,I'm a huge Buffet fan too ......a Parrothead
    I want to be Jimmy in my next life ........'living on Spongecake' and non-stop Margarita's ....the Mexican 'cuties' would be very welcome too ...........as well as the private Island and the sailboat /private plane/huge bank balance etc etc etc
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited August 2023
    Dominic said:
    Offset said:
    One of my all time favourites......I love the video of his gig where at that precise moment Jimmy Buffet comes on as a Guest and they carry on together singing 5 o'clock somewhere together
    I want to be Jimmy in my next life ........'living on Spongecake' and non-stop Margarita's ....the Mexican 'cuties' would be very welcome too ...........as well as the private Island and the sailboat /private plane/huge bank balance etc etc etc
    We took our daughter to Universal Studios in Florida 7 years ago when I was recovering from illness.  Great fun but there was a Jimmy's 'Margaritaville' bar on the site which I would frequent when I'd had enough of rides and shopping.  I sat there and swilled maggies and was serenaded by JB.  That song featured frequently and I never tired of it.  Fab memories.

* EDIT - the other great musical memory was 'Buy Me A Boat' by Chris Janson.  It was totally ubiquitous when I was visiting friends in Nashville.  Again, I've never tired of it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DavidReesDavidRees Frets: 293
    if you can't live without me then why aren't you dead?
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2109
    When asked that question you just need to stop and think for a moment - "what would Jesus say?"  =)
    He’d say — “Hey, fatty, that bread and fish was supposed to be for everybody.  But . . . er . . . I forgive you.”
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9107
    Hmmm, well let me stand back a bit so I can see all of you.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Offset said:
    Dominic said:
    Offset said:
    We took our daughter to Universal Studios in Florida 7 years ago when I was recovering from illness.  Great fun but there was a Jimmy's 'Margaritaville' bar on the site which I would frequent when I'd had enough of rides and shopping.  I sat there and swilled maggies and was serenaded by JB.  That song featured frequently and I never tired of it.  Fab memories.
    Nearly 40 years ago when I first started work, I shared an office (when offices were dingy little rooms, not open plan) with a guy who was a big Jimmy Buffet fan.  He looked a bit like Catweazle and never did any work, just used to sit there all day moaning about his ex-wife and telling me all about his record collection and his hi-fi system, which sounded much like a repurposed PA system once used by the Grateful Dead (he was also a big Deadhead).