Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). New Thorpy Dane with readable settings! - FX Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

New Thorpy Dane with readable settings!

What's Hot
mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
edited August 2023 in FX
Good to see these things get taken on board and evolved.

https://youtu.be/Y92Vp-kwxYc?si=rlo9yxaN-SLX8n1x

Karma......
Ebay mark7777_1
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Dave8Dave8 Frets: 210
    @ThorpyFX new pedal design looks great 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Agreed :-) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1012
    Wow! Just put my new board together with the heavy water... it's amazing the germanium side with extra hair is dope!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Nice. 

Does this mean updates of anything else might be in the pipeline? 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • *Aaron**Aaron* Frets: 72
    Oh shite, I brought the old one a few weeks back. That looks much more compact. Got some extra switches too.
    Loving the sounds though  :)
  • pt22pt22 Frets: 102
    Wow new pedal looks great, and much easier to read than my MKI Dane. Great iteration. 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6038
    tFB Trader
    Dave8 said:
    @ThorpyFX new pedal design looks great 
    thanks so much everyone. appreciated greatly 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1012
    Now I'm pondering... would three lots of this boost be overkill? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 4930
    That cake!!  <3
    tFB Trader
    tone1 said:
    That cake!!  <3
    it was awesome. shared it with all the staff at Andertons and ThorpyFx... 

Now I'm pondering... would three lots of this boost be overkill? 
    if one boost is good, three boosts must be more better.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • I don’t even use drive pedals as I get all my gain from the amp itself. But damn this one may persuade me, sounds so good. 

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1790
    Wow! Just put my new board together with the heavy water... it's amazing the germanium side with extra hair is dope!
    The heavy Water is my staple on my board. I never thought I’d replace it but the new Dane just might now. 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    The heavy Water is my staple on my board. I never thought I’d replace it but the new Dane just might now. 
    Tell me about the heavy water. I’ve got the Dane, and the boost is massive I can’t imagine having two. Do you run them in series often, or are you picking one or the other based on need? 
  • MrTeeMrTee Frets: 423
    Bought a used v1 yesterday. Not sure if awesome or terrible timing!
    edited August 2023
    pt22 said:
    Tell me about the heavy water. I’ve got the Dane, and the boost is massive I can’t imagine having two. Do you run them in series often, or are you picking one or the other based on need? 
    @pt22 ;;I have one side on all the time (right side). When I take a solo I step on the left side. It has a serious amount of volume / headroom in it. 
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1230
    The original one is still very good. I've had one since they first came out, and have a bit of the Boost on all the time…. it gives that "bit extra" to the sound as demo'ed in this video.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 8918
    Perfect. Ill be getting one.
    pt22 said:
    @pt22 ;I have one side on all the time (right side). When I take a solo I step on the left side. It has a serious amount of volume / headroom in it and did ask ThorpyFx to mod it slightly on the right side so I can run it hotter / more gritty without having to dial in more volume 
    That makes sense, thank you. 
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 665
    This looks excellent. Seems like there's a lot if new Thorpy stuff recently! 
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 426
    I caved and ordered, whilst the discount was still active ;-)
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    The original one is still very good. I've had one since they first came out, and have a bit of the Boost on all the time…. it gives that "bit extra" to the sound as demo'ed in this video.
    More is more 
    MrSwanson said:
    My pay day is tomorrow
  • MrSwanson said:
    What is this discount of which you speak ... ?
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now |  WTB: EQD Talons | Jazzmaster build thread
    MrSwanson said:
    What is this discount of which you speak ... ?
    In the stickied thread here: ThorpyFX: End of summer 2023 sale for Fretboard members - FX Discussions on theFretBoard
  • longshinslongshins Frets: 241
    MrTee said:
    Bought a used v1 yesterday. Not sure if awesome or terrible timing!
    Personally I think the switches further away from each other is better therefore awesome timing!
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1230
    roberty said:
    More is more 
    Maybe, but mine has "more"….. One of the early ones that Pete wrote little messages in, so it has added  Danish Mojo>  :)
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 8918
    MrSwanson said:
    Intersting Tom, as the discount didn’t work for me!
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1513
    I’ve owned two Danes for years, they have provided my main drive tones ever since, both at home and live. Great pedals. Am glad to hear how successful the pedal has been for Adrian, DP and team.
    MrSwanson said:
    Hmm weird, did you use caps? I didn’t initially and it didn’t work but did with?
    tFB Trader
    MrSwanson said:
    15FRETBOARD23 works til tomorrow…