Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Guitars! Surprisingly - Prices Dropped - Again - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Guitars! Surprisingly - Prices Dropped - Again

What's Hot
dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5092
edited October 2023 in Guitars £
Bank Holiday greetings to you all. Unless you're reading this thread on Dave, in which case, welcome back for the 19th time.

I want to turn some wood and wire back into cash but I don't need to sell all of these. Probably four, maybe five at the most. They are all listed because I've been totally unable to choose which and it's over to fate to sort it all out. The perils of becoming emotionally attached to your savings.

Annoyingly, I don't have any boxes at the moment but I'm not against posting if you want to send me the packing. Meeting up is also always on the table.

SC Relics Thinline - Sold

PRS S2 McCarty 594 Double Cut Limited Edition - £1250 £1200 £1150

Maybach Lester Gold Rush 90 Aged with Bigsby B7 - £2100 £2050 £1950 or Hard Tail -£1800 £1750 £1700

Vox Bobcat S66 with Bigsby - £700 £650 £600

Gretsch G62128T 59 Vintage Select DuoJet - Sold

Duesenberg Gran Majesto - £1300 SOLD

Alvarez 8 String Baritone - £300 £280 £250 SOLD

Squier 40th Anni Jazz Bass - £300 On Hold

Squier 40th Anni P Bass - £300 Sold

Squier 40th Anni Stratocaster- £250 SOLD
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5092
    edited August 2023
    SC Relics Thinline Tele - £1300

This is on hold for Keefy, pending a little alone tome for them

Put simply, this guitar is an absolute masterpiece AND a sublime work of art.

The Spec is...

Built in March 2020
    Custom Paisley with Ocean Turquoise Metallic Burst
    Curved Neck Pocket
    Nitro Finish
    Lightly Aged with Craze Checking
    One Piece Maple Neck
    C Profile
    9'5" Radius
    Aged Tint, Nitro Finish
    Radioshop ID Pickups
    5-10 Overwind on Neck
    Paper in Oil 0.047 Tone Cap
    Treble Bleed
    CTS 250k TVT Pots
    CRL 3 Way Switch
    Gotoh hardware
    Schaller Strap Locks
    7lbs 2.5oz

FFC-08.jpg 120.5K
    FFC-02.jpg 112.2K
    FFC-03.jpg 126.1K
    FFC-04.jpg 222.1K
    FFC-01.jpg 319.4K
    FFC-05.jpg 288.6K
    FFC-06.jpg 103.8K
    FFC-07.jpg 325.1K
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited August 2023
    PRS S2 McCarty 594 Double Cut - £1250

Very unPRS colour but other than that, it's totally standard double cut spec. 

The pickups are the the low wind version of the 58/15 S, which I like more than the standard wind that I had in the SE Hollow. The neck is the Pattern Vintage, which is fairly girthy and in keeping with the vintage LP vibe that's underneath the PRS look. The pickups have coil spilts on pull/push tone pots, that many people get good sounds from but manage to elude me. And it came from Andertons about a month ago where it seemed to be the last one left anywhere worldwide. It's totally mint still and comes with a rather nice PRS gigbag. 

FFC-14.jpg 85.1K
    FFC-10.jpg 105.1K
    FFC-11.jpg 118.3K
    FFC-13.jpg 260K
    FFC-12.jpg 198.6K
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited August 2023
    Maybach Lester Gold Rush 90 Aged - £2100

It's not a Gibson and it's not called a Les Paul but this is EXACTLY what a Les Paul should be and it's built just how a Les Paul should be. I have added the Bigsby, which is an aged B7 and not the cheaper, heavier B70 version and has been fitted using a Vibramate Kit, so is 100% reversible. 

The ageing on this guitar is just perfect. Not a relic job but very carefully made to look and feel like a guitar that has been used but cherished for nearly 70 years.

The Spec is very much the expected fair...

Two Piece Mahogany Body
    Two Piece Maple Top
    Nitro Finish
    Cream Binding
    Mahogany Neck
    Long Tenon
    Gotoh Tuners
    Rosewood Board
    Bone Nut
    Amber P90 Pickups
    CTS Pots
    And of course, the coolest case by a country mile!

FFC-18.jpg 105.6K
    FFC-15.jpg 169.2K
    FFC-19.jpg 187.2K
    FFC-20.jpg 205.2K
    FFC-16.jpg 205.4K
    FFC-17.jpg 247.3K
    FFC-21.jpg 86.7K
    FFC-23.jpg 298.7K
    FFC-22.jpg 169.9K
    FFC-25.jpg 144.5K
    FFC-24.jpg 267.3K
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited August 2023
    Vox Bobcat S66 with Bigsby - £700

A brilliantly odd mix of features and inspirations here. A 335 style body and layout, with some slightly hot Stratish pickups and a Bigsby for good measure. Because a Bigsby makes EVERYTHING better.

It's Korean made, so the quality and attention to detail are superb. It plays fabulously well and the switching is setup so you get a standard three way operation with the neck and bridge and the middle can be dialled in anywhere to whatever level you like. The equivalent of the strat 2 and 4 positions are surprisingly Straty but the guitar still has a great semi hollow vibe.

The main spec list is.....

Maple Ply Body
    Weight Relived Spruce Centerblock
    Mahogany Neck
    Ebony Board
    Grover Tuners
    Vox S66 Pickups (recreation of the 60s design)
    About 7 1/2lbs

The case is good quality and properly fitted. And as if it's not gorgeous and tempting enough..Open Geared Tuners!!  <3

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited August 2023
    Duesenberg Gran Majesto - £1500

This is a biiiiig guitar in every sense of the word. The Catalina Green Metallic finish goes from almost black in dull light, though deep green to a shining vibrant glitter in the sunlight. As with all Dueseys, it’s impeccably built and plays with a low, easy action. 

The humbucker at the bridge is crisp and tight sounding, the P90 at the neck is smooth and rich. It handles gain beautifully but at its core it really excels at being soulful and the cleans are complex and, well just big.

NECK
    Type:Set Neck, 1-piece Maple
    Width:42.5 mm / 1.67" (nut), 52 mm / 2.05" (12th fret)
    Thickness:21 mm / 0.8" (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95" (12th fret)
    Shape:Medium D
    Fingerboard:Indian Rosewood, radius 305 mm / 12"
    Inlays:Duesenberg Wing
    Frets:22 Jumbo 2.8 x 1.0 mm
    Scale length:648 mm / 25.5"
    Trussrod:Steel dual-action
    Headstock:Rosewood
    BODY
    Type:Semi-hollow with sustain block, bent sides, 2 f-holes
    Top:Laminated Spruce
    Back, sides:Laminated Maple
    Dimensions:51.5 x 41 cm / 20.27" x 16"
    Height (sides):4.5 cm / 1.8"
    Binding:Cream
    Pickguard:Transparent Plexi
    Finish:PUR lacquer
    HARDWARE
    Tuners:Duesenberg Open Z-Tuners
    Bridge:Duesenberg Steel Saddle Bridge
    Vibrato System:Duesenberg Aluminum Stop Tailpiece
    Strap pins:Duesenberg Multi-Lock
    Hardware color:Nickel
    Strings:Duesenberg Custom 10/50 (010-013-017-028-042-050)
    ELECTRICS
    Pickup (neck):Duesenberg Phonico P90 Domino
    Pickup (bridge):Duesenberg Phonico GrandVintage Humbucker
    Wiring:1 Volume, 1 Tone, 4-Way Rotary Switch
    ACCESSORIES
    Case:Custom Line Case (included)
    FFC-34.jpg 100.4K
    FFC-39.jpg 78.9K
    FFC-38.jpg 140.6K
    FFC-35.jpg 111.2K
    FFC-37.jpg 97.9K
    FFC-33.jpg 263.1K
    FFC-36.jpg 151.9K
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited August 2023

ABT60CE-8SHB 8 String Baritone - £300

I know, catchy name huh. 

This is a fabulously mad guitar. Clearly it’s not going to be your main go to but it’s addictively fun to play and combing 12 sting jangle with the baritone depth makes for a massive sound. It’s also one of the most alive and resonant acoustics I’ve ever played. The way it pulses against you as you play is incredible 

• Top WoodSolid A+ Sitka Spruce
    • Body FinishShadowburst/Gloss
    • Back and Sides WoodAfrican Mahogany
    • ShapeBaritone
    • NeckMahogany w/Semi-Gloss Finish
    • BridgeBi-Level Indian Laurel/Rosewood
    • InlaysMother of Pearl
    • FingerboardIndian Laurel/Rosewood w/12th Fret Inlay
    • Nut and SaddleReal Bone
    • TunerPremium Die Cast
    • Bridge PinsPPS Synthetic Bone
    • StringsCustom D’Addario EXP23 + Octaves
    • Bracing SystemsFST2 - Forward Shifted, Asymmetric Tone Bars
    • Neck JointDovetail
    • Neck Meets Body14th Fret
    • Number of Frets21
    • Pickup / EQLR Baggs StagePro EQ and Element Pick Up

DIMENSIONS

• Overall Length (mm)1065 
    • Body Width (mm)439 
    • Body Depth at Heel (mm)102 
    • Body Depth at Base (mm)122 
    • Scale (mm)704
    • Scale (inches)27 23/32
    • Number of Frets21 
    • Nut Width (mm)44.45
    • Nut Width (inches)1 3/4

DSCF3121.jpg 108.5K
    DSCF3112.jpg 399.6K
    DSCF3119.jpg 150.7K
    DSCF3116.jpg 184.6K
    DSCF3122.jpg 224.7K
    DSCF3120.jpg 182.9K
    DSCF3115.jpg 424.3K
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited August 2023
    Squier 40th Anniversary Jazz Bass - £300

These last three can all have a copy and paste text section really. The 40th Anni Squiers are their best ever I think. The matte finishes feel gorgeous to the touch and look far more expensive than they are. The rolled edge maple necks are amazingly comfortable to play. The gently aged hardware adds nicely to the look and the pickups, while they’re not going to end the boutique market do a great job of sounding right for the model. 

This one has a nice posh set of flats on, so is good for the full on below the floor rumble. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited August 2023
    Squier 40th Anniversary P Bass - £300

These last three can all have a copy and paste text section really. The 40th Anni Squiers are their best ever I think. The matte finishes feel gorgeous to the touch and look far more expensive than they are. The rolled edge maple necks are amazingly comfortable to play. The gently aged hardware adds nicely to the look and the pickups, while they’re not going to end the boutique market do a great job of sounding right for the model

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited August 2023
    Squire 40th Anniversary Strat - £300

These last three can all have a copy and paste text section really. The 40th Anni Squiers are their best ever I think. The matte finishes feel gorgeous to the touch and look far more expensive than they are. The rolled edge maple necks are amazingly comfortable to play. The gently aged hardware adds nicely to the look and the pickups, while they’re not going to end the boutique market do a great job of sounding right for the model

• KeefyKeefy Frets: 2064
    PM incoming Darren!
  • richierichie Frets: 65
    Is the tele a kline?
  • richierichie Frets: 65
    edited August 2023
    The links/pics aren’t working btw. Edit - sorry can see you are uploading!
  • Well, I’m glad I don’t need any more Teles cos Paisley is my weakness. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    GLWTS mate, this is how all listings should look, gold standard! I quite like that pink PRS too!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• Jabba74Jabba74 Frets: 26
    Some absolute stunners. That Maybach is WOW. Great pictures too. GLWTS
    Boromedic said:
    GLWTS mate, this is how all listings should look, gold standard! I quite like that pink PRS too!
    Thanks folks. Always happy to take photography commissions you know  :3
  • That’s the first time a Duesenberg has tickled my tulips. 
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7236
    Damn. You do take a glorious photo sir!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 6476
    I want them all - the photography just sucks you in !
    That’s the first time a Duesenberg has tickled my tulips. 
    If it can tickle your tulips from here, it’ll properly fluff your freesias in person. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I want them all - the photography just sucks you in !
    Life is short, just blow the house money ;)
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 8492
    Stunning PRS - proof for anyone who says PRS aren't cool that they're wrong.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7236
    Whoever got the SC Relic thinline, it’s the best tele ever made. Full stop. 
    Sounds incredible, and I’m a Wally for ever having sold it. If you ever want to move it on, let me know :)
    There is the option to have the Maybach put back to hard tail stock for £1800 too….
  • chris78 said:
    Stunning PRS - proof for anyone who says PRS aren't cool that they're wrong.
    That's probably the coolest PRS ever, IMO. I love it. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Ooh, I'd forgotten you bought that pink PRS, you bugger.

Beautifully presented listings, they really are.

Philly_Q said:

The 594 absolutely rocks, it out Les Pauls any LP I’ve had. And at what feels like half the weight. 
    Friday price drops :)
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    dazzajl said:
    Philly_Q said:

The 594 absolutely rocks, it out Les Pauls any LP I’ve had. And at what feels like half the weight. 
    I just sold an S2 594 SC and am beginning to wonder why. It purrs and it has one of the best necks I've played