Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NTD (New tattoo day) UPDATED 29th Sept - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NTD (New tattoo day) UPDATED 29th Sept

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SnagsSnags Frets: 4987
    beed84 said:
    Nice work. I’m 39 and have been toying with wanting a tattoo for years. I always admire tattoos on others but like you can’t decide what I want, not to mention if I’m actually brave enough. I’m glad you’ve had a positive experience though. It’s certainly food for thought  :)
    Depending on what kind of bravery you need, I wouldn't worry too much. 

You don't see any needles, and for common first tattoo places it's not particularly painful even if you have something big done. So unless you're a very delicate flower you'll be fine; just follow the standard advice: don't stick booze for a couple of days before, no caffeine on the day, eat, take snacks and sugary drinks to counteract the adrenalin buzz that nmght send you wobbly. 

If it's the bravery of being stuck with the result for the rest of your life, that's different :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Snags said:
    beed84 said:
    Nice work. I’m 39 and have been toying with wanting a tattoo for years. I always admire tattoos on others but like you can’t decide what I want, not to mention if I’m actually brave enough. I’m glad you’ve had a positive experience though. It’s certainly food for thought  :

If it's the bravery of being stuck with the result for the rest of your life, that's different :)
    That’s why I don’t have one/any - my interests and tastes change all the time, I’m not sure I could settle on something that I’d be entirely happy with. 

I still have a picture of the one I thought I wanted. 25 years later I’d be horrified if it was on my arm now! 

Some people probably aren’t good candidates for body art and I guess I’m one of them. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I’ve found the most painful place is the top of my fingers  between the middle joints 
    That even just sounds painful!! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2295
    stevebrum said:
    Snags said:
    beed84 said:
    Nice work. I’m 39 and have been toying with wanting a tattoo for years. I always admire tattoos on others but like you can’t decide what I want, not to mention if I’m actually brave enough. I’m glad you’ve had a positive experience though. It’s certainly food for thought  :

That’s why I don’t have one/any - my interests and tastes change all the time, I’m not sure I could settle on something that I’d be entirely happy with. 

I still have a picture of the one I thought I wanted. 25 years later I’d be horrified if it was on my arm now! 

Some people probably aren’t good candidates for body art and I guess I’m one of them. 
    This is pretty much how I feel too. They look great on others, and there are times I find myself in a tattoo mood as though I feel confident it's something I'm going to do. But then my mood changes and the thought of having something lasting art on my body doesn't appeal to me at all. That and the fact I still don't know what I really want.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter