Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Amp covers? - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Amp covers?

What's Hot
GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3293
Who is worth checking out? Need a decent amount of protection e.g. not just a rain cover. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• For my Marshall DSL combos I got mine from Hot Covers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3631
    Roqsolid

/thread
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1230
    Roqsolid for me as well.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4080
    I have three from Roqsolid.  Excellent.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24339
    The padded Roqsolid ones are great at very reasonable prices.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5260
    Aye, Roqsolid.
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1324
    Roqsolid/ thread
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3293
    ta
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7202
    edited August 2023
    Roqsolid is best value and hot covers look tough, but a Studio Slips cover (in brown) looks lovely and is for for keeping visible and near your significant other. 
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2142
    I like hotcovers, I've got around ten at the minute, they've all lasted well.
    Incidentally I just contacted them about one small issue I had with a cover I've owned for maybe five years.
    They've asked me to ship it back and they're making me a new one for free.

I have one roqsolid one thst came with an amp and haven't been impressed.  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2725
    Roqsolid are good but I think hotcovers are better.  They feel more padded and durable. 
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3238
    I have used Jenart in the past for one off custom stuff and they make a great quality cover. 
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 4636
    Roqsolid, but always get the 5mm foam padding upgrade.
  • Hotcovers for me. Fantastic customer service. 
  • GrampaGrampa Frets: 825
    Roqsolid for me, perfect fit and well padded for when Grandma gets frisky and twats it with the vacuum.
    My other passion is firearms! Does that make me a closet Redneck???
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 934
    Got a hotcovers for my Bandit and it does so much more than just covering the amp. You can move the amp in full confidence that nothing is going to happen to it. 
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

• LitterickLitterick Frets: 476
    Tuki
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    Yorkie said:
    Got a hotcovers for my Bandit and it does so much more than just covering the amp. You can move the amp in full confidence that nothing is going to happen to it. 
    To be fair, if it’s an old Bandit you could just tie it to the back of your car and move it in full confidence that nothing is going to happen to it…

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I've ordered a couple of covers from CoverAmp in Quebec, Canada
    https://coveramp.com/?ln=en

Prices are good and shipping also reasonable...

Will report back when I have them

ICBM said:
    Yorkie said:
    To be fair, if it’s an old Bandit you could just tie it to the back of your car and move it in full confidence that nothing is going to happen to it…
    The cab is very strong, but the tolex is certainly not bulletproof. The cover takes care of that. 
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   

Yorkie said:

The cab is very strong, but the tolex is certainly not bulletproof.
    The older ones were - the particular rough tolex they used will strip the skin from your knuckles if you’re not careful, and is apparently bonded to the wood with the same glue that Boeing later found was OK for holding the wings onto a 787…

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Another vote for Hot Covers. I’ve got four on various amps plus a gig bag for another little amp, and they’re brilliant
    ICBM said:
    Yorkie said:

The cab is very strong, but the tolex is certainly not bulletproof.
    The older ones were - the particular rough tolex they used will strip the skin from your knuckles if you’re not careful, and is apparently bonded to the wood with the same glue that Boeing later found was OK for holding the wings onto a 787…
    How old are we talking about? Mine is a red stripe.

Yorkie said:

Older than the Transtubes - Solo series (80s-90s) and earlier.

Like reinforced concrete with gravel render on :).

ICBM said:
    Yorkie said:

Older than the Transtubes - Solo series (80s-90s) and earlier.
    Ah, the one that survived the swarm attack in Stranger Things then. A true legend. 

• rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1324
    rsvmark said:
    Roqsolid/ thread
    Oooops, Hotcovers actually!
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    I bought a Hotcovers for an old Marshall.
    Excellent quality & fit, but bloody hell, they ain't cheap  B)
  • Roqsolid. All my covers have come from them and always survived years of heavy use and heavy hands. 

• Studio slips

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

• Studio slips

Did you get any additional padding? Or is this just the standard? They do look great
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/