Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Double boost/OD recommendations - FX Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Double boost/OD recommendations

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    cbilly22 said:

No you don't, Blackstar label/market it wrong!

Always been massively confused by this. I had the dual and still own a Fly and the Debut 50R and both sound more British the wrong way round. About 10 or 11 o'clock or a bit before halfway is most marshally to my ears.
    This. 3-4 o'clock is the most Mesa-y as well.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    ceriatone Horsebreaker
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I've loved my ThorpyFx The Dane from the first day that it arrived. I have an early one that has Danish Pete's DNA inside it……well it is signed by him.
    The mkII is even better imo 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 874
    Another vote for the Foxrox ZIM.

You can swap the two internal cards for total versatility: https://www.foxroxelectronics.com/buyzimcards.html

I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde or Blackstar HT-Dual... or both together B)  
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Sporky said:
    Foxrox ZIM! 

Yep.

Nobody listens to us, Sporky.
    They know not what they do not do. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 557
    edited September 2023
    I've yet to see an AFFORDABLE dual pedal where you can change the order of the two sides (i.e OD before dist, or vice versa). I bought a Nux Cerberus partly because of this reason. Can link the OD and Dist in parallel too if so desired. 
  • I've yet to see an AFFORDABLE dual pedal where you can change the order of the two sides (i.e OD before dist, or vice versa). I bought a Nux Cerberus partly because of this reason. Can link the OD and Dist in parallel too if so desired. 
    You can do that with the NUX 'Queen of Tone' and 'Ace of Tone', but the two sides are two different flavours of OD rather than OD+Dist. 
  • I've yet to see an AFFORDABLE dual pedal where you can change the order of the two sides (i.e OD before dist, or vice versa). I bought a Nux Cerberus partly because of this reason. Can link the OD and Dist in parallel too if so desired. 
    You can do that with the NUX 'Queen of Tone' and 'Ace of Tone', but the two sides are two different flavours of OD rather than OD+Dist. 
    Hmm that is intriguing. If i ever want to slim down from the cerberus I might have to get the Ace of Tone. Nux make the best cheap pedals. 
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 1965
    They don't seem to get talked about much but Jetter pedals do a few different duals.  I had this one.  It was pretty great.

https://store.jettergear.com/product/gold-standard/