Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). New Guns N Roses song - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

New Guns N Roses song

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• LPManicLPManic Frets: 1005
    I also like UYI Guns. Axl was amazing then. The 1991 concert when Izzy was still there is fantastic. Izzy's Stones-esque songs from that period are great and a fantastic contrast to Axl's piano epics.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Absolutely love UYI albums , remember record shops opening at midnight so people could buy them . Remember the Paris concert being shown on mainstream tv & taping it 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SpoonManSpoonMan Frets: 138
    I wasn't too impressed with them (uyi I/II) at first. They grew on me though. 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    I think we can do the "generic Band X has done a new song" thread now....

Huge Fan of Band: "Band X has done a new song - brilliant, they are just as good as ever huzzah!!"

Person Who Always Hated Them: "Just as shit as ever, snigger"

Person Who Knows Their Most Famous Songs Only: "It's OK I guess, meh, I'll take <insert actual hit here> any day"

Know It All Person Who Likes To Look Knowledgeable: "Well of course nothing is as good as when Band X were working with Producer Y, who also worked with Band Z and Band AA... who none of you have ever heard of but are clearly better than Band X ever were..."

...and so on ;)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2517
    tFB Trader

Huge Fan of Band: "Band X has done a new song - brilliant, they are just as good as ever huzzah!!"

Person Who Knows Their Most Famous Songs Only: "It's OK I guess, meh, I'll take <insert actual hit here> any day"

Know It All Person Who Likes To Look Knowledgeable: "Well of course nothing is as good as when Band X were working with Producer Y, who also worked with Band Z and Band AA... who none of you have ever heard of but are clearly better than Band X ever were..."

...and so on ;)
    Oh common...  I dont know why people have to put everyone in neat marked boxes these days...  People are much more nuanced than that.

Like I am a pretty big fan..  Been listening to Appetite since it came out when I was in my teens so I certainly know more than the hits.... And I thought the new song was just Meh... So which box does that put me in?
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    Rabs said:

...and so on ;)
    Oh common...  I dont know why people have to put everyone in neat marked boxes these days...  People are much more nuanced than that.

Like I am a pretty big fan..  Been listening to Appetite since it came out when I was in my teens so I certainly know more than the hits.... And I thought the new song was just Meh... So which box does that put me in?
    You secretly love it and came here to say "they are as great as ever huzzah" but we're scared of my boxes, and even more scared of my hammer and nails, with which I would trap you in the box....

...was quite tongue in cheek mate, just a comment on how these threads follow a similar theme, could do a catch all tonewood thread, a catch all Rob Chapman thread, etc etc, just fun!
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2517
    tFB Trader
    Rabs said:

...and so on ;)

You secretly love it and came here to say "they are as great as ever huzzah" but we're scared of my boxes, and even more scared of my hammer and nails, with which I would trap you in the box....

...was quite tongue in cheek mate, just a comment on how these threads follow a similar theme, could do a catch all tonewood thread, a catch all Rob Chapman thread, etc etc, just fun!
    Yeah sorry..  I just see that a lot these days....  It seems to be a lot of how the internet works and I find it annoying....  Which I guess was your point  :)    You just caught me in an odd moment....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter