Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Getting there... Multi delay on one pedal advice. (e.g. Boss Gigadelay, Boss DD200, DD500 etc) - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Getting there... Multi delay on one pedal advice. (e.g. Boss Gigadelay, Boss DD200, DD500 etc)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SunburstSunburst Frets: 96

My understanding is with the Eventide Timefactor, you can only choose one type of delay, but have two separate settings on button A and B. I do not know if that means both can be on at the same time though?
    You can only have one type of delay at a time (soz) on the Timefactor, but you can blend together different delay time / subdivision settings. In tap tempo mode, they stay "in ratio" for want of a better term.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Is the DD-200 out? That's the one on my board. I see it as a beefed up DD-7 rather than an scaled down DD-500. It does everything I need it to and little else

I could live with the delays in the Line 6 M5 to be honest but it is slightly bigger
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Sunburst said:

My understanding is with the Eventide Timefactor, you can only choose one type of delay, but have two separate settings on button A and B. I do not know if that means both can be on at the same time though?
    You can only have one type of delay at a time (soz) on the Timefactor, but you can blend together different delay time / subdivision settings. In tap tempo mode, they stay "in ratio" for want of a better term.
    That’s a bummer. Defeats the purpose of my search in a way…. but it does sound like a good pedal.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2275
    edited September 2023
    Just get a dd500.. you really don’t have to do massively deep programming on it to get great sounding delays. and I use a lot of delay. In my covers band I have a 3  general patches ( 1/4 note, dotted 8th, slap back), and then 6 or 7 I use for specific songs.  In my original band I use 4. 

I’ve been using one for around 7 or 8 years. I’ve had loads of others including line 6 (hx, stomp, pod go m5) tc ( nova, plethora), boss gt1000, dd200, fractal fx8) and oodles of others. Overall the dd500 has kicked the arse off all of them.  It’s a great pedal.
  • @thomasw88 yep, kind of what I am coming around to. I had thought of the DD200 + EHX Memory Toy, so I'd have 4 presets & one analog delay, but think the DD500 could mimic the Memory Toy and have a shedload of slots for saving delays and would include the footswitch to assign to whatever....
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8281
    Gassage said:
    FTT Future Factory by a country mile.

Or Flight Time 2 if Mono is ok.
    If they'd put adjustable HP/LP in the feedback loop of the delay, rather than a global 3-band tone control on the wet signal, it'd be the perfect digital delay.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • allenallen Frets: 545
    Cirrus said:
    If they'd put adjustable HP/LP in the feedback loop of the delay, rather than a global 3-band tone control on the wet signal, it'd be the perfect digital delay.
    It's not really the purpose of this thread, but you are so right! and put the distortion in the feedback loop too.
  • @thomasw88 yep, kind of what I am coming around to. I had thought of the DD200 + EHX Memory Toy, so I'd have 4 presets & one analog delay, but think the DD500 could mimic the Memory Toy and have a shedload of slots for saving delays and would include the footswitch to assign to whatever....
    I had a memory toy briefly..  don't remember anything about it at all apart from getting rid of it fairly quickly.

The dd200 is great but... You lose the extra footswitch which imo is really useful to have. 

Also  If you want  to set up a bunch of presets then the dd200 isn't the best.   The dd500 allows you to name presets , and easily see what type of delay it  is, the bpm etc which is a godsend.  The dd200 you can have up to 128 I think but they're not named so you have to remember what preset is for what song.
    I've had the dd200 twice and it is a great pedal and if you only need 3 or 4 delays sound should be fine.  But if you need more then I'd get the dd500 or Strymon timeline personally .
  • @thomasw88 yeah good points there. I probably couldn’t see myself using anymore than 3 or 4 delay types but the options on the DD500 might be too good to turn down. It’s a good bit cheaper used than the Timeline.
    thomasw88 said:
    @thomasw88 yep, kind of what I am coming around to. I had thought of the DD200 + EHX Memory Toy, so I'd have 4 presets & one analog delay, but think the DD500 could mimic the Memory Toy and have a shedload of slots for saving delays and would include the footswitch to assign to whatever....
    I had a memory toy briefly..  don't remember anything about it at all apart from getting rid of it fairly quickly.

The dd200 is great but... You lose the extra footswitch which imo is really useful to have. 

Also  If you want  to set up a bunch of presets then the dd200 isn't the best.   The dd500 allows you to name presets , and easily see what type of delay it  is, the bpm etc which is a godsend.  The dd200 you can have up to 128 I think but they're not named so you have to remember what preset is for what song.
    I've had the dd200 twice and it is a great pedal and if you only need 3 or 4 delays sound should be fine.  But if you need more then I'd get the dd500 or Strymon timeline personally .
    Can confirm knowing what preset is what is a total nightmare on the DD-200. Write it down or lose it forever 
  • Got a good deal on an Eventide Timefactor. I was going to get the DD200 but figure I will need more than 4 presets.
    Got a good deal on an Eventide Timefactor. I was going to get the DD200 but figure I will need more than 4 presets.
    DD-200 has 128 but it is a faff. I'm sure the Eventide will do nicely
  • Yeah the Timefactor seems to be a more basic interface which suits me !