Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Robbie Robertson - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Robbie Robertson

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2394
    Not Robbie? :(

One of those musos I wanted to be there forever in my life. Now gone. Such a loss. RIP and thanks for the music.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    edited August 2023
    Who else is gonna bring you a broken arrow?

The loud, edgy lead guitar on Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat from Blonde On Blonde is classic early JRR. Michael Bloomfield was a fairly straightahead Blues player. Robertson took it outside.
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KDSKDS Frets: 211
    JerkMoans said:
    Very sad day

:( Not seen this before. Brilliant song, great version
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9107
    KDS said:
    JerkMoans said:
    Very sad day

:( Not seen this before. Brilliant song, great version
    Sorry for the derailment - there’s a fair number of these ‘playing for change’ videos on YouTube. Some are better than others but most are well worth the watch.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3293
    idiotwind said:
    Garth Hudson has been quite frail for years now, hard to believe he's all that's left of The Band.

I love the first few Band albums, but for me it's his stuff with Bob Dylan. Blonde on Blonde, the Basement Tapes, 1974 tour, all of that. Top of the pile though - the 1966 tour. I must have listened to the electric half of the Manchester concert hundreds of times. Just a Telecaster and a big Fender amp playing "fucking loud".

Solo at around 3:45
    I just picked this up. Holy shit. What a good example of a band working on the structures under a tune to bring deeper meaning. They're working hard to make Dylan sound great. The old iceberg analogy.