Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Band names you will never use - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Band names you will never use

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    edited August 2023
    TJT1979 said:
    My favourite in my current band was Fat Elvis. But a google search quickly showed that had already been done. 
    Well we do have Tortelvis who fronts Dread Zeppelin. He looks like Elvis and he is certainly rotund.

No photo description available
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2493
    OK, so as several other posts have deviated from the original question:

The first band I was in was called Aaron's Rod. After the first thing in a dictionary that the bass player and lead guitarist deemed usable; a cactus, apparently. Despite being Catholic schoolboys they were unaware of the Biblical connotations. And despite being ardent Beavis and Butthead fans, evidently also the all-too-obvious in-your-end-o. I was ejected after they found a drummer, then they broke up.

The next band I was in was formed from the ashes of The Funky Jews (though at their only gig, the bartender prounounced that racist and wrote Funky Juice on the chalk board). Their bassist then formed Bad Karma with me, which would be the least-terrible name in this post, were the band not named after events in a recently aired episode of Neighbours.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Offset said:
    TJT1979 said:
    My favourite in my current band was Fat Elvis. But a google search quickly showed that had already been done. 
    Well we do have Tortelvis who fronts Dread Zeppelin. He looks like Elvis and he is certainly rotund.
    Holy shit, are they still going?  I've got their first album but I see they've done about a dozen since.
  • Shrink Rap - (Like the Small Faces, but Gangsta, innit). 

• My first choice would have been Dave …but one of those grimy rap singers took it.

• swillerswiller Frets: 662
    Actual band, cardiff late 80s 90s. imho the best band name ever. 

The Flemgods.
    Dont worry, be silly.
  • There used to be a band round here called
     The Shy Teds

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7159
    The Beatles
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Tribute bands-

Bums & Noses
    (Bowie/rap mashup) Biggy Stardust & the Gangstas from Mars
    (Bowdlerised niche hardore for all your wedding & christmas party needs) Back Bottom, Front Bottom
    (Available for bookings in Scotland) Ned Zeppelin,  also  Radge Against the Machine
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7202
    MaxA867 said:
    Gangbangles 
    Nice
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4649
    MaxA867 said:
    Ten Dollar Death Trip
    Donkeyshock
    The Charlie-Gibbs Fracture Zone
    Furious Keystrokes
    Gas Station Dick Pills
    Laddy Donglegs 
    Hell in a Bucket Hat
    Dopethrone
    Birth and Decay
    The Wine Moms
    Gangbangles 
    God Drives a Corsa 
    They are a Canadian band, I'm surprised there is only one band with the name
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • In the pub last night for our weekly Jam night and Titanic was on the TV in the corner with the sound down and subtitles on.

I happened to look up as one of the subtitles read "Cacophony of Screams" which I thought would make a pretty decent name for a metal band.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter