Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Band names you will never use - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Band names you will never use

What's Hot
SporkySporky Frets: 23802
edited August 2023 in Off Topic
I doubt I'm the only person here whose ability to come up with AWESOME band names vastly outweighs their ability to form bands. Thus I invite you all to join me in donating any unused hand names to the forum in general.

Void Ratio - a quantity from material science, perhaps befitting an industrial-proggy-metal-step affair
Rainbow Apocalypse - ideal for vague strummy indie songs-about-feelings (cf Colon), or hair metal
Trumpets Of Asgard - inspired by Assassin's Creed Valhalla, thus perfect for an ambient Viking soundscapes project.

What have you? 
"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• SeshSesh Frets: 1726
    Arthur Sixpence and the Spare Change
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7202
    Trumpets of Arsegard
    surely?
    Or
    Smash Bread 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Spyker Brood.

(it’s an anagram)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5750
    I came up with "Nose to the Bacon Slicer" when I was 17. Didn't have the means to form a proper hard-core crossover thrash band, though.  :/
    And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3293
    Sloth
    Navvy
    ManSweat 

Feel free to use them for your next country or blues project. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Hard Groin was one under consideration when forming our first teenage band.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Open_GOpen_G Frets: 135
    Curt n Rod and the Pelmets. 
    Miss Behaving and the naughty boys

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    I actually did one gig using “Billy Bondage and the Bullwhips”
  • Head Chog
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • maharg101maharg101 Frets: 568
    The pissed sex tools
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
  • AsterixTGAsterixTG Frets: 231
    Meatbox
  • bluecatbluecat Frets: 429
    Lyme street lemons.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4649
    Greatape said:
    Sloth
    Navvy
    ManSweat 

Feel free to use them for your next country or blues project. 
    There are two bands called Sloth, at least
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • westwest Frets: 974
    Ken wood and the mixers ....   
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 2811
    One for the local council office band:

Democratically Inept Local Departments and Organisations 
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1521
    St Vincent and the Grenadines
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7202
    Fartsample
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    My wife ran a group of late teen girl group who disgraced themselves by being caught drawing large graffiti Penis' on the interior walls of a council building where they were performing;
    The band was called Ruby and the Dolphins
    after a brief altercation with the local police and council which was smoothed over she re-named them Ruby and the Dildos .

• BrioBrio Frets: 1499
    Bikini Carwash.  Just to see the disappointed punters' faces.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • rolls1392rolls1392 Frets: 229
    Muff Dive Five.
    My favourite.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    edited August 2023
    My various ska based tribute ideas:

The Skapenters
    Radioskinhead
    Skabba 
    The Beach Rude Boys
    The Eric Claptonic Suits
    Nick Cave and the Bad Manners 
    Skinhead Girls Aloud
    The Sax Pistols (surely already done in some way...)
     The Moody Bluebeats (Nights in White Skankin')
    Procul Skarem

I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8170
    Total Eclipse of the Dogmash Sandwich.

I haven't checked, it may already have been taken....
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    edited August 2023
    A drummer I knew at uni really wanted to call our band 'Auspice', because it was a bit proggy and sounded like 'Horse Piss'.

It didn't catch on. Although, when I Googled it, it now appears that there is a band called that.

It's not a competition.
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1572
    I’d never use The Lost Prophets.  

My unused, teen, early 90s indie band name was The Plateau. Always fell a bit flat 
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    Vegetarian Haggis
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1252
    Legit' Bastards
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4697
    Sniffer The Fish.

As in, "Give us a ..."

• rustneversleepsrustneversleeps Frets: 173
    edited August 2023
    Stupid Stunts !       (They are a real band believe or not)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6284
    We were known as Executive Relief (aka by the bassist as Soapy Tit Wank).  Didn't last long ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Sesh said:
    Arthur Sixpence and the Spare Change
    Reminds me of a Newcastle band from the 80's, Arthur 2 Stroke & The Chart Commandos