Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Sinead O'Connor - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Sinead O'Connor

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7236
    Damn shame. An incredible tallent. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4080
    A troubled soul, hopefully now at peace.  RIP.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    Very sad to read this earlier. Can't add much to what's already been said, other than that she always seemed open and honest about her feelings however painful.

RIP :(

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    edited July 2023
    Go well Sinead. She was a deeply talented and beautiful soul. Few of us even come close to standing so firmly behind our beliefs.  RIP. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • AornicAornic Frets: 415
    RIP. Tremendous talent. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15657
    edited July 2023
    I thought she was one of the most beautiful women I ever saw. Not much of  a compliment really but she did have one interesting thing going on with her singing style that not everyone notices.......zero vibrato (for the most part) just like Miles Davis horn

God love you S
    tae be or not tae be
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1255
    As a matter of interest, and looking at above video link, who would her backing band have been? Were there any folk in for the long haul?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 699
    tFB Trader
    Sad news .. I was fortunate to meet Sinead a good few times and even play guitar for her one night in an impromptu jam at a pub in Donegal about ten years ago. Driven, mad, strong willed, outspoken and often misunderstood - she was however an utter genius in my eyes and the lives of many are all the better for her input. 

Sinead I hope you're now at rest kiddo.
    RIP
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1715
    Hootsmon said:
    I thought she was one of the most beautiful women I ever saw. Not much of  a compliment really but she did have one interesting thing going on with her singing style that not everyone notices.......zero vibrato (for the most part) just like Miles Davis horn

God love you S
    Very sad. I concur with the above about her singing style. She could sing a single note perfectly whereas nowadays female singers always overdo it by singing 10 warbling notes where just one will do. They all sound the same; one thing you could never say about Sinead. Lovely voice. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• vizviz Frets: 10211
    edited July 2023
    As a matter of interest, and looking at above video link, who would her backing band have been? Were there any folk in for the long haul?
    The Relish guys - Carl and Ken Papenfus - on drums and LH LP, the very lovely and awesome Brooke Supple on the left, and I can’t remember the bassist’s name, stupidly. Excellent musicians and a real laugh. 

Edit: of course. Clare Kenny.   
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8170
    Marco Pirroni, of Adam and the Ants fame, co-wrote and played guitar on the first album, I think.

Great talent. Saw her as a relative unknown supporting INXS at the Royal Court in Liverpool. Brilliant memories. 

Her and Michael both gone way too young. Tragic.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • guitartangoguitartango Frets: 954
    This sums this up to a tee

MESSAGES FROM MORRISSEY - MORRISSEY CENTRAL

Tomorrow the fawning fops flip back to their online shitposts and their cosy Cancer Culture and their moral superiority and their obituaries of parroted vomit … all of which will catch you lying on days like today … when Sinead doesn’t need your sterile slop.”
    “Ken sent me.”
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    edited July 2023
    ^ maybe. For others it may just be an outpouring of grief. The people I know who knew Sinead and liked her have just been sad, and have simply expressed that. 
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8170
    This sums this up to a tee

MESSAGES FROM MORRISSEY - MORRISSEY CENTRAL

Tomorrow the fawning fops flip back to their online shitposts and their cosy Cancer Culture and their moral superiority and their obituaries of parroted vomit … all of which will catch you lying on days like today … when Sinead doesn’t need your sterile slop.”
    Please reassure 'Mozzer' that I won't be parrotting any 'vomit' or indeed anything nice about him when he checks out, the neo-nazi bell-end.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    RIP Sinead, I hope you find peace now at last. What a voice, role model and woman, as genuine as they come, she'll be sorely missed but I'm glad she's at rest. 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 5837