Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Sinead O'Connor - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Sinead O'Connor

What's Hot
Sinead O'Connor dead: Irish music legend dies aged 56

WTF
“Ken sent me.”
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7708
    Just saw the news :( RIP
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 4930
    Hopefully at Peace now….RIP Sinead 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24339
    Awful… RIP.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    Wow, shall have to sing a few songs of hers tonight :(  
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Oh that's very sad. An incredible talent and a troubled life. RIP
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KDSKDS Frets: 211
    That’s awful. Not on bbc, is this confirmed?
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 2922
    KDS said:
    That’s awful. Not on bbc, is this confirmed?
    Irish singer Sinéad O'Connor dies aged 56 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66318626
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 2922
    Awful, awful news.
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2803
    https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/jul/26/sinead-oconnor-dies-aged-56

Seems to be being reported by most other major news outlets.

Very sad news indeed,  

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13679
    Fucks sake, they are dropping like flies this year, so sad

• She was amazing live. Here's a pic I took of her at Womad, 2014. Probably my best. 

0reaction image LOL 22reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 8909
    Jeez… she lost her 17-year old son in extremely tragic circumstances about 18 months. I get the feeling she was troubled in ways most us can’t imagine. Terrible news.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • westfordwestford Frets: 514
    RIP 
  • horsehorse Frets: 1502
    Sad to hear this. What a great voice and sense of determination she had.
  • guitartangoguitartango Frets: 954
    hopefully she will be singing for the Angels.
    “Ken sent me.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178
    Oh that's very sad. An incredible talent and a troubled life. RIP
    Couldn't have said it better, Mike and this is so sad
    RIP and she was both the Lion and the Cobra :(
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    This is the last day of our acquaintance :( 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    Jeez.. another shocker.. :o
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• AsterixTGAsterixTG Frets: 231
    One who will hopefully find peace now.

Seemed to be a very conflicted and confused person tormented by the world.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Poor lass, so hugely talented & so tormented. She burned too bright & too fast.
    Rest in peace was never more appropriate or well meant.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2295
    Tragic news. RIP.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    Just reading through her Wikipedia entry. What a complex and often difficult life. As people have said hope she does find her peace. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 526
    Just terrible news . . . a sad loss, and what a talent  . . . RIP Sinead
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    She had a rough old time, bless her. So sad. RIP
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2005
    RIP.  A burning talent. Very sad. Hope she will be at peace.
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2109
    Fight the real enemy.

RIP.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4843
    We here in Ireland are in shock.  Nothing compares to her voice.  Individual to the end, RIP Sinead.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    edited July 2023
    Music simply poured out of her and she was a really lovely person to boot. This is awfully sad news. 
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
  • redrighthandredrighthand Frets: 744
    Heartbreaking news this, she was a genuine legend.

"People say or think that tearing up the photo derailed my career. That’s not how I feel about it. I feel that having a number-one record derailed my career and my tearing the photo put me back on the right track. I had to make my living performing live again. And that’s what I was born for. I wasn’t born to be a pop star. You have to be a good girl for that. "

RIP Sinead
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    Took this little clip at Bestival one year. The commitment is 100%. She was just awesome. 

Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter