Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Celestion Creamback G12M-65 vs G12H-75 – which one sounds closer to a Greenback? - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Celestion Creamback G12M-65 vs G12H-75 – which one sounds closer to a Greenback?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4080
    Because when you heard the Seventy 80, you turned it down?
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Great to hear the speaker swap has worked out Jon. I absolutely love my DSL with the Creamback in it, nothing else really gets a look in these days. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 934
    Great to hear the speaker swap has worked out Jon. I absolutely love my DSL with the Creamback in it, nothing else really gets a look in these days. 
    Genuinely happy with it :) 

Same Greenback vibe with the Marshall character, it’s a fantastic match. 

Jon
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Yorkie said:
    Great to hear the speaker swap has worked out Jon. I absolutely love my DSL with the Creamback in it, nothing else really gets a look in these days. 
    Genuinely happy with it :) 

Same Greenback vibe with the Marshall character, it’s a fantastic match. 

Jon
    I’m also super pleased that when I eventually need to change the power valves, I don’t need to lug it across town to be biased, thanks to the external bias points. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Mine is the C version where everything is internal, but at this point I am perfectly happy to bias it myself :)
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   

• ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    Yorkie said:
    Now, I’ve got a question on sensitivities (Hopefully not related to speaker politics :lol: ). 

Creamback: 97 dB. 
    Seventy/80: 98 dB. 

Same impedance, the Creamback was noticeably louder. What is going on?
    I think it’s that the Seventy/80 is a stiff, lifeless, mediocre-sounding speaker that sucks the dynamics out of any amp that’s put through it. Perceived volume is as much about dynamic response as overall level.

Why so many amp companies use them I don’t know. (Actually I do - cheapness.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Curiously, I have re-recorded a few segments at home levels and the difference doesn’t really get captured as much as I perceive it in the room. 

But that’s the stuff that sounded good through the Seventy/80. There’s a bunch of new things I am doing that never sounded good through the old speaker :lol: 

For example: Les Paul, neck pickup — my bass lines used to sound hollow and sterile. Not anymore. HUGE tone, so big that my wife came to see what was going on. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter