Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). SORTED - 2 x 12 cabinet - which speakers? - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

SORTED - 2 x 12 cabinet - which speakers?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3238
    I’ve got a blue and a hempback in a cab and it sounds surprisingly good. Wasn’t expecting it to!

I put a pair of neo creambacks in the same cabs and the thing I noticed was how much quieter they are than the blue and hempback - which might be useful for taming a loud amp a little.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1391
    Kebabkid said:
    I had a Tone Tubby 2x12 with their H-Bomb speaker combo = one ceramic and one alnico speaker and used it with a Divided amp head covering both Fender and Vox sounds. 

They worked well for sparkly cleans, cimey sounds and for all sorts of gain sounds from low to high with no harshness..

They occasionally pop up on here for reasonable prices and on the basis of my experience, mix n' match worked well
    I have the same combination in a Splawn Bluesbreaker style cab and it sounds great.  I also have another Fender style 2x12 with Eminence Tonespotters, which is a G12T-65 replacement.   Different but also good sound.  I think it depends what you want from your sound.  I run the H-Bomb with my MJW Roadstar 36, the Tonespotter one is used with my McIntyre Bluesman and I have an Ear Candy 2x12 with Tone Tubby Ceramics with my Ceriatone Overtone Special.  I think each amp gives its best through the different speakers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter