Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Thinking about getting into 3D printing? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Thinking about getting into 3D printing?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    edited August 2023
    Sooo...bit of an oops, I seem to have fixed the old printer, so I now have two working fast machines (and an old slow one).

That means...I needed a better workspace.

Wife isn't massively chuffed about it, but I really am trying to keep it all compact. I do need to make an enclosure for the Neptune 4, though; keeping a relatively high ambient temperature really does help print quality (if a part cools too quickly, say from a breeze in the room, it can curl up off the print bed).

To be honest, I think she should just be happy that I'm not trying to get the old slow Neptune 3 working too...
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4697
    Well, you could start by chucking out all those shoes - nobody would miss them, would they?  ;)

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Nitefly said:
    Well, you could start by chucking out all those shoes - nobody would miss them, would they?  ;)

Funnily enough, that may have come up a time or two.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Today's prints...

A pair of angle clamps, seem like useful things to have around. Black parts done on the new Bambu P1S, white parts on the (now fixed) Neptune 4. The P1S did it in about 2h30m, the Neptune 4 in 3h40m (or thereabouts). Both are pretty damn solid, even with just 20% infill.

Even more impressively, all the parts made on each printer perfectly fit the parts made with the other, which was the main point of the test.

If anybody wants the files for that print, they're here:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1024366
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter