Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). RIP Mellish - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

RIP Mellish

What's Hot

Comments

• SoupmanSoupman Frets: 172
    edited July 2023
    Oh  so, so sorry to hear this. A generous chap and always quick to help people.
    You never know the minute.
    Condolences to his family as well as forum members he leaves behind.
    RIP

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4080
    Ah, sad news.  Always came across as a nice chap.  RIP, Mellish.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KKJaleKKJale Frets: 967
    Oh no. That's very sad news. Best wishes to his family and friends. 
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    Bugger..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4353
    edited July 2023

Genuinely sad at this. Shared many messages with him and he was such a big part of the acoustic group - a really great, generous, true and friendly guy. He will definitely be missed and not forgotten.

Likewise, he was one of the regular posters of the acoustic section.  It seems such a bizarre reality when we were enjoying making trivial jokes about GAS and the next thing I am reading concerning his name is his passing.

RIP Mellish, you will be missed for sure but thanks for all the great memories and the generosity of your gestures.
    Definitely, a big shock. 
    And reminder we have to live every day to the full... right now!

And I echo the comment re his daughter Laura taking the time to let us know!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    That's a real shock and very upsetting. He was posting either yesterday or even earlier today I think.

Always had an interesting viewpoint and good strong opinions, but not at the expense of curiosity and good humour. One of the nice guys.

RIP :(

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • camfcamf Frets: 1175
    More sad news. Enjoyed his contributions and enthusiasm. RIP 
  • CoffeeAndTVCoffeeAndTV Frets: 378
    Oh man.  He was a lovely, positive soul. RIP Mellish. 
  • tomjaxtomjax Frets: 59
    What sad and shocking news. His contributions and humour will be missed, he was a great character. Deepest sympathies to all his family and loved ones.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3663
    I’m proud to say I remember his very first post/s. 

Can’t say much more other than RIP to a complete gentleman. I’m just shocked. 
    I play at my dining room table.
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 733
    Oh that's a shock, and such sad news. He was only on yesterday it seems.

Mellish was pretty much the first person to welcome me on here when I joined in Feb 2022, and he definitely helped in my decision to buy my Gibson J-35.

I would like to send my sympathies to his friends and family, and to those of you on TFB who knew him better than me. RIP Mellish.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    Hard to know what to say. Such sad news.
     And again to echo thanks to Laura for letting us know. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    Very sorry, massive condolences to his family.

We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 4930
    I was always impressed in the selfless way he’d welcome every new recruit into the building…
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 505
    Very sad news :( rest in peace Mellish 
  • richman6100richman6100 Frets: 290
    Really sad news. Seemed like a thoroughly decent and genuine guy. Condolences to his family, friends and Fretboard buddies who knew him well. RIP Mellish.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3532
    RIP Mellish, you will be missed.
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2002
    edited July 2023
    Sad news, it's obvious he was an absolute gent from the few interactions I had with him. Thoughts with his family RIP
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 1965
    Damn.  Sorry to read this.  Seemed like nice chap.   
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 934
    One of those chaps who always seemed to be in a good mood. What a terrible loss. 
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2394
    Yorkie said:
    One of those chaps who always seemed to be in a good mood. What a terrible loss. 

Indeed. And someone who could also lift our mood with his enthusiasm and humour. Quite a shining light in the Acoustics section.

Condolences to his family and friends, including the many friends he made here. RIP.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4697
    Good grief, that's dreadful news.  He was always a gentleman, often with a twinkle in the eye.

I was always taken with the way he would call everyone "My dear".

RIP and thoughts with his loved ones.

• RIP Mellish. I never really venture into the acoustic section but he was always a total gent in the Fretboard Cycling Club, he will be missed.

"May the wind be forever on your back"
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    Terribly sad to read this awful news. Mellish was a lovely, well-informed man who will be greatly missed. His wisdom will live on in these pages. Rest in Peace, Mellish. 
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JayceeJaycee Frets: 263
    WOW!!! that is a shock.

He was very active in the Fretboard cycling club thread, gave a lot of help and encouragement he will be missed.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    Oh man, that’s sad news. Swapped a few messages with him and he seemed a very nice guy. My condolences to his family. 
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 11799
    RIP Mellish, what a lovely chap he was.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • westfordwestford Frets: 514
    RIP Mellish, your friendly positive posts will be missed. Condolences to his family and friends.
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1477
    Just read this - Bloody hell.

RIP Mellish.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    RIP Mellish, you'll be greatly missed, sleep well sir.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.