Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). RIP Mellish - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

RIP Mellish

What's Hot
digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
edited July 2023 in Tributes
Rest in peace, to a lovely chap who - despite only having been on here a couple of years - definitely made his mark (and a lot of friends!).

From his daughter, yesterday (posted on his profile):

"Mellish" fell ill at 2pm today (July 11). We were later told that he passed away in the ambulance.

He would have been 76 this October.

With tears in my eyes... Dad, I love you. 
<space for hire>
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    Oh sorry to hear that he was a real character. Off jamming with Jimi hopefully. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Oh god another one :(

I’m so sorry to his family and friends. He was a good chap. RIP
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    A true gentleman in every sense of the word.  I will miss him, as we all will.
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    Good God!  That is really sad.  On signing up here I noticed quite quickly that he was always straight in there to welcome new members with a friendly greeting, and his posts elsewhere have always been thoughtful, balanced, and sometimes laced with some pretty quick-witted humour.
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2588
    Wow, what a shock :( he'd recently been really thoughtfully giving back to the community and raising some interesting discussions around acoustics. Will be missed.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Oh bloody hell, that's really shocked me. Such a generous, thoughtful bloke to everyone, especially new members & those in the Acoustics section.
    This place will be the worse for the loss. RIP.
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    So sad. RIP Mellish.
    It's not a competition.
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4353
    Genuinely sad at this. Shared many messages with him and he was such a big part of the acoustic group - a really great, generous, true and friendly guy. He will definitely be missed and not forgotten.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    More sad FB news.  RIP sir.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Oh man.  That is awful.  Always came over as such a nice guy.

Rest in peace old chap.
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 2863
    edited July 2023
    Oh no, that's awful news. A regular contributor to the Fretboard Cycling Club, he's given me a lot of great advice and encouragement this year as I got back into cycling, which I really appreciated. He had a wealth of cycling knowledge, experience and tales of his glory days. RIP Mellish. 
  • SRichSRich Frets: 751
    Really sad news that one of our number has passed….RIP Mellish

Many condolences to his family

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    This is a big shock - he was the first here to welcome me and was unfailingly polite and helpful in every subsequent encounter. I'm sure you'll pass on our sincere condolences to his daughter and family if you can @digitalscream.
    RIP Mellish, you're still in my thoughts mate.

Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    Wow, what a shock, seriously sad on hearing this 
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    FFS, that's a real shame. He was one of the good guys for sure. 
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3144
    So sad, a great member indeed
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 4930
    Such sad news RIP @Mellish ;
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1591
    RIP Mellish
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 14862
    oh no, he was a welcome and respected member of the acoustic section. I always enjoyed reading his musings. He's gonna be missed.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1146
    What a shock.  RIP Mellish.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4008
    Awful news :(

Condolences to his friends and family 
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 665
    RIP Mellish. That's a shock. He always came across as a total gent on here. Condolences to his family. 
  • CryptidCryptid Frets: 405
    That is sad and shocking news :( A true gentleman indeed, always warm and friendly. We had many interesting exchanges about all things acoustic.

RIP Mellish
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    That's awful :'( RIP
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    Best wishes to his family and friends - Sad news indeed
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1170
    So sad to hear this. Condolences to his family and friends!
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1715
    Really sad to read that. He was a good lad and a gent. RIP @Mellish ; :/

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• GandalphGandalph Frets: 1513
    Truly shocking news, I can only echo what others have said here. RIP fine, Sir. One of those forum members I wish I'd known in real life. 
  • Cig35Cig35 Frets: 61
    Really, really sad news. Condolences to his family and friends!
    He always seemed to be a very welcoming, caring and helpful person in all his posts here. He will be missed in the forum, so I can only imagine how much he will be be missed by his friends and family.
    (Also a big thank you to his daughter Laura who took the time and effort in the midst of grief and loss to inform us here about the terrible news.)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3380

Genuinely sad at this. Shared many messages with him and he was such a big part of the acoustic group - a really great, generous, true and friendly guy. He will definitely be missed and not forgotten.

Likewise, he was one of the regular posters of the acoustic section.  It seems such a bizarre reality when we were enjoying making trivial jokes about GAS and the next thing I am reading concerning his name is his passing.

RIP Mellish, you will be missed for sure but thanks for all the great memories and the generosity of your gestures.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter