Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). 10 guitarists play solos over the same track. - Technique Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

10 guitarists play solos over the same track.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ReverendReverend Frets: 4649
    ! - none of them.
    It says solo and yet not a single one put their foot on the monitor,
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I hate these things. I’m sorry but what a load of w*nkery. Musak backing tracking and ‘emotive’ soloing.  

In this case Julia Lange was the best. There’s another one he’s done where the sole female player is also the best…go figure. 

There’s one where Tom Bukovac plays a good solo.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    Julia Lange and Paul Davids for me both have a similar approach ......both very musical and tuneful........pretty for want of a better word.
    Josh Smith is a great player but I found his approach too aggressive .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SpoonManSpoonMan Frets: 138
    Philly_Q said:

Paul Davids gurning away in the top right-hand corner of every clip is very offputting.

What's that all about?!  =)

Not really my kind of thing. Some nice playing though. 
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 283
    Just watched it all with headphones on. I'd never heard of any of them before apart from Rabea.
    I've been playing guitar since 1978 and couldn't do a quarter of what any of them did.

They all played outstandingly well and I enjoyed watching it, despite having 'Fruit Tree' by Nick Drake in my head the whole time.

I was most interested in the parts where people said they sang the melodies in their heads, mainly because that's what I do, but I'm more a songwriter than a lead player although I have been known to twang on occasion.