Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). PSA: T-Rex Tone Trunk Pedalboards… - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

PSA: T-Rex Tone Trunk Pedalboards…

What's Hot
chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3543
edited June 2023 in FX
On Reverb, Westside M.I. appear to be clearing some old stock…

I’ve just ordered the smallest 45 model with soft case for £49, but the larger 56 with hard case is also £49 which looks a great deal.  I was tempted but just don’t need it.

https://reverb.com/item/29881206-t-rex-tone-trunk-45-pedalboard-with-gig-bag?utm_source=rev-ios-app&utm_medium=ios-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=29881206

https://reverb.com/item/29881968-t-rex-tonetrunk-road-case-major-pedalboard-with-hard-case?utm_source=rev-ios-app&utm_medium=ios-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=29881968

There’s also a larger versions for £89 and £99, again with hard cases.

*A quick update..  I ordered this morning and it has been dispatched already for delivery tomorrow.
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100

I’ve just ordered the smallest 45 model with soft case for £49, but the larger 56 with hard case is also £49 which looks a great deal.  I was tempted but just don’t need it.

https://reverb.com/item/29881206-t-rex-tone-trunk-45-pedalboard-with-gig-bag?utm_source=rev-ios-app&utm_medium=ios-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=29881206

https://reverb.com/item/29881968-t-rex-tonetrunk-road-case-major-pedalboard-with-hard-case?utm_source=rev-ios-app&utm_medium=ios-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=29881968

*A quick update..  I ordered this morning and it has been dispatched already for delivery tomorrow.
    Hey - how are you getting on with it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3543

UPS are supposed to be delivering by end of day. I will report back.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9128
    Looks a good deal with the hard case on especially. Must resist as I don't need more stuff coming in!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 505
    Agreed that looks amazing with a hard case.  Might sway me to upgrade from my old faithful Boss BCB-30 
  • gatheredinsonggatheredinsong Frets: 464
    edited June 2023
    Really good boards and cases, I have a 70cm one that I bought direct from this distributor. It has been great. Amazing price for the 56 with a hard case!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I've gone for the big ToneTrunk Major - I wanted the biggest possible to have a switcher on. Checked the sizing and the Boss ES-8 fits on the stepped parts nicely.

Thanks for the PSA! I was about to get a £160 Pedaltrain with a thin bag which is almost the same size (just longer but less width). For £109, a proper 3 tiered board and a huge case?! Bargain. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Any joy yet with UPS? 

Neilybob said:

Any joy yet with UPS? 

I missed it today as I was at work. I need to collect it now from a shop, will grab it tomorrow!
    It’s here…very happy.  Nice gig bag that seems more than adequate.

The board looks great, lightweight and nice two tier design - the marks are just dust.

Also came with a power supply bracket which was a welcome surprise. Not sure if they came with these or whether they’ve just chucked one in.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

The board looks great, lightweight and nice two tier design - the marks are just dust.

Also came with a power supply bracket which was a welcome surprise. Not sure if they came with these or whether they’ve just chucked one in.

WoW look great! 

I’ve decided to wait and see what i find at the Brighton guitar show/ pedal expo.  
    I went for the huge one in a road case and my god it’s HUGE! I needed a big board with protection and I got it…..

Absolute bargain. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Really happy with mine, just been wiring it all up for my gig on Saturday.

Even though I got the smallest one I need to buy more pedals to fill it up….
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

If you don't plan on using the bracket I will gladly buy that off you!

If you don't plan on using the bracket I will gladly buy that off you!
    It’s already in use I’m afraid. I guess that was a bonus then.
    I didn't find anything at the Brighton guitar show last weekend so I've just clicked order on the 56cm wide one with the hardcase for £49 + shipping. 

Thank you @chrisj1602 ;
    Neilybob said:
    I didn't find anything at the Brighton guitar show last weekend so I've just clicked order on the 56cm wide one with the hardcase for £49 + shipping. 

Thank you @chrisj1602 ;
    Bargain! Really happy with mine.
    Neilybob said:

Thank you @chrisj1602 ;
    Bargain! Really happy with mine.
    Will let you what it is like when it arrives tomorrow (according to UPS ) 
  • NickBNickB Frets: 156
    I ordered the 45cm version. Hopefully arrives tomorrow along with the Boss RE-2 and Surfybear Compact. 
  • jmf1928jmf1928 Frets: 54
    I ordered the 56cm road case. Killer value and still one left. I wanted to build a second pedal board that I can set out of the way when not in use, and it will have some of my fancier pedals on there so figured the road case would save a headache. 

Definitely recommend, though had to search out a power supply bracket separately. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    jmf1928 said:
    I ordered the 56cm road case. Killer value and still one left. I wanted to build a second pedal board that I can set out of the way when not in use, and it will have some of my fancier pedals on there so figured the road case would save a headache. 

Definitely recommend, though had to search out a power supply bracket separately. 
    Where did you get the power supply bracket from please? Thanks!
  • My 56 has just arrived, what a brilliantly packaged piece of kit! The flight case is a bit unnecessary for my needs, but I’m sure I’ll find a use for it. Note - no PSU bracket with mine either but I’m trying to source one as well as one of the levelling brackets for a board-mounted vol/exp pedal :)
  • I think I got lucky with the PSU bracket, I guess they’re just clearing stock. Maybe worth sending them a message?
  • I think I got lucky with the PSU bracket, I guess they’re just clearing stock. Maybe worth sending them a message?
    Sadly they've run out.

But I need two for the ridiculous mega board I'm planning - these guys have them in. Roughly 15 euros each shipped if you order two.

Haarguitars and parts PSU Bracket - Haarguitars and parts

Thanks to @jmf1928 for the link - I've also had a good search and they are the only place I can find them at.
  • My 56 has just arrived, what a brilliantly packaged piece of kit! The flight case is a bit unnecessary for my needs, but I’m sure I’ll find a use for it. Note - no PSU bracket with mine either but I’m trying to source one as well as one of the levelling brackets for a board-mounted vol/exp pedal :)
    No levelling bracket but 

Haarguitars and parts PSU Bracket - Haarguitars and parts

Only place I can see them in stock. Think they have the last lot.
  • Damn, that's a shame - I might well make one of each then, it's simple enough to cut and fold some aluminum :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • gatheredinsonggatheredinsong Frets: 464
    edited September 2023
    I searched high and low for a levelling bracket about 18 months ago and I think I had the last one in existence. I've also used some light wood to support the front edge of my Milkman The Amp as it was hanging off the top tier and having painted the wood black, it works just as well. If you have the means of folding aluminium, that's no doubt lighter, but the wood didn't add too much weight in the scheme of things. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I mount the PSU under mine with a healthy dose of heavy duty velcro.  It doesn't budge.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Good thinking both of you :)
    I'm opting for the 56 as well. I've bought a few of the power supply brackets so now I have a whole system of them to use.

Going to use the 56 as an everyday one and retire my current smaller board for bass as I tend to use only a few key effects with bass.
  • WeZ84WeZ84 Frets: 140
    I bought a 45 last week as I wanted a bit more space than my Pedaltrain Nano+
    If you're buying from the reverb link, they dispatched it quickly and I got it the next day.

The board and the bag are pretty good and I got the power supply bracket too which was a nice addition.

My only complaint would be that you don't get enough velcro with it. You get enough to do one run on each level of the board. Coming from a pedaltrain, I wanted to have 2 strips of velcro per level so it matched up with the velcro strips already on my pedals.