Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Boss. Delay - am I the only one? - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Boss. Delay - am I the only one?

What's Hot
downbytheriverdownbytheriver Frets: 1003
edited June 2023 in FX
I’d never heard of this… pic from guitarguitar, apparently analog…

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    I’ve got reviews come up on my YouTube feed. £449 of analogue goodness. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 641
    I just got the 'drop' via the Boss Tuner app. News to me. Looks tasty. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2172
    edited June 2023
    Just got an email from GG about this this today, looks very interesting.
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3432
    edited June 2023
    The lack of teaser for this leaves me with a bitter longing in my heart. What type of people have we become if we've pushed these companies to the point of stopping teasers? Truly heartbroken.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    19reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 6860
    This is very much up my proverbial alleyway, and would allow me to take my Moog off my board and protect it a bit. I could also probably fit another pedal on my board too. I just have to remember that Boss do midi absolutely horribly and that it’d almost certainly inexplicably not do what I’d need it to. 

Otherwise, tick tick tick tick big tick. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257

Well, that sounds lovely indeed!
  • euaneuan Frets: 1051
    Oooft.
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2064
    Oooooooh!!!

That is all.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • The lack of teaser for this leaves me with a bitter longing in my heart. What type of people have we become if we've pushed these companies to the point of stopping teasers? Truly heartbroken.
    Maybe Strymon’s marketing team just have more time on their hands than Boss’s.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 263
    Sounds amazing. I can't justify the price tag but this is the sort of delay I want
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Looks cool. For digitally controlled analog, did Tom Cram's DOD get there first with the Rubberneck? Wish I'd got one when they were on sale for £160 recently
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6284
    Love the DM101 !  Me wants the shiny !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11229
    For a section there i got this confused with the Line 6 that came out last year.
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 665
    This looks cool and i like the design, maybe for more of a studio pedal than for live because of the size, but I'd definitely like one. 
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 665
    roberty said:
    Looks cool. For digitally controlled analog, did Tom Cram's DOD get there first with the Rubberneck? Wish I'd got one when they were on sale for £160 recently
    No idea if it was first but I love the Rubberneck. It's really got a uniqueness to it. Thomann selling them at £173 at the moment which seems like a decent price. Tempted to get a back up. 
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1255
    What's the guitar Danish Pete is playing in the vid? My eyes ain't good.
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 4817

Heritage. 

I'm not that familiar with the range, but I'm guessing it's an H-530

https://www.andertons.co.uk/heritage-guitars/heritage-standard-collection-h-530-antique-natural

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4445
    roberty said:
    There were quite a few before the Rubberneck I think, like the Seymour Duncan De Ja Vu, Moog, Diamond Memory Lane.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4445

Sounds great in the clips, will definitely be on my list.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    roberty said:
    No idea if it was first but I love the Rubberneck. It's really got a uniqueness to it. Thomann selling them at £173 at the moment which seems like a decent price. Tempted to get a back up. 
    Saw that actually after I posted this. Does seem like a good offer. Maybe the one I saw recently was even less. Either way I am interested now
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 837
    roberty said:
    roberty said:
    Saw that actually after I posted this. Does seem like a good offer. Maybe the one I saw recently was even less. Either way I am interested now
    I wish I'd got one when they were being sold off around £120-130 (around the time the Gonkulator was £60). I thought I'd keep an eye on it, and it's just steadily crept up in price since. Ah well.
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1255
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 2587
    The Heritage.
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 4817

Heritage. 

I'm not that familiar with the range, but I'm guessing it's an H-530

https://www.andertons.co.uk/heritage-guitars/heritage-standard-collection-h-530-antique-natural

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• allenallen Frets: 545
    This is up my alley, but no screen for ms/bpm. 

Plus why only one ‘feature’ per algorithm- why not just have more knobs in all that space?

I will probably end up getting one though. 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8409
    allen said:
    This is up my alley, but no screen for ms/bpm. 

Plus why only one ‘feature’ per algorithm- why not just have more knobs in all that space?

I will probably end up getting one though. 
    I come at from a different angle, perfect feature set but why so bloody big! 
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2064
    The blurb mentions 8 BBD chips. If these are xx3025 or xx3005 chips, that's up to 2.4 seconds total at normal analog delay frequency range. More likely there are parallel paths eg for the multi-head setting. I do hope they've managed to do this with a relatively bright delay signal (like the EHX DMM, or the Boss DM-2w's Custom mode) - previous attempts by Maxon to do multi-head analog delay (AD9 Pro, AD999 Pro) have been disappointingly dark.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 860
    edited June 2023
    My opinion on these kind of advanced time based FX units...when you're playing live It's hard to tell the difference between a Moog and a cheap behringer delay for example. And if you're using something like this in the studio, they don't sound much better than plugins, at least not to the point where it's worth the hassle of routing the audio out from your daw and printing it back in again. Same with reverb and any modulation FX. I only find it's worth paying extra ££s for drives, fuzz, distortion etc. Just my opinion. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 6860
    My opinion on these kind of advanced time based FX units...when you're playing live It's hard to tell the difference between a Moog and a cheap behringer delay for example. And if you're using something like this in the studio, they don't sound much better than plugins, at least not to the point where it's worth the hassle of routing the audio out from your daw and printing it back in again. Same with reverb and any modulation FX. I only find it's worth paying extra ££s for drives, fuzz, distortion etc. Just my opinion. 
    Ah, well that’s why it takes all sorts. I couldn’t disagree with all of this more! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter