Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Show us your dinner - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Show us your dinner

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• nero1701nero1701 Frets: 770
    swiller said:
    Sometimes a large donner and a couple of tins of lager is all that is required. Half way through. Wish me luck. 

What the fuck did the use to put that in the carton? A fucking catapult by the look of it!!
    My Trading Feedback

"If it smells like shit...It is probably shit"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3819
    nero1701 said:
    swiller said:
    Sometimes a large donner and a couple of tins of lager is all that is required. Half way through. Wish me luck. 

What the fuck did the use to put that in the carton? A fucking catapult by the look of it!!

I have several questions about that kebab. 
    Main one being what's the white sauce? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • swillerswiller Frets: 662
    that sauce is garlic young mantra ^^..
    Ok , zero fannying about today. Its home made Chinese time.
    First up. Honey bbq spare ribs. 3 hr Poached in soy sauce, palm sugar, ginger garlic, apple sauce. Then shallow fried briefly in sesame/ veg oil.
    Sauce is honey, orange, garlic , ginger, sesame oil, star anise, cloves and cornflour and a smidgen of tomato puree. 
    Cheap cuts of ribs, but plenty of meat. 

Dont worry, be silly.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    swiller said:
    that sauce is garlic young mantra ^^..
    Ok , zero fannying about today. Its home made Chinese time.
    First up. Honey bbq spare ribs. 3 hr Poached in soy sauce, palm sugar, ginger garlic, apple sauce. Then shallow fried briefly in sesame/ veg oil.
    Sauce is honey, orange, garlic , ginger, sesame oil, star anise, cloves and cornflour and a smidgen of tomato puree. 
    Cheap cuts of ribs, but plenty of meat. 

I love cooking (and particularly eating) Chinese and Thai. 

Tonight I have a homemade whole meal loaf, some topside of beef, gherkins, cheese and Dijon mustard for sandwich top trumps. As a special treat I have a family size bag of beef space raiders to have with it.  

I’m expecting a knock on the door from the Michelin people any minute! 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • swillerswiller Frets: 662
    munckee said:

I love cooking (and particularly eating) Chinese and Thai. 

Tonight I have a homemade whole meal loaf, some topside of beef, gherkins, cheese and Dijon mustard for sandwich top trumps. As a special treat I have a family size bag of beef space raiders to have with it.  

I’m expecting a knock on the door from the Michelin people any minute! 
    me too. Done a thai green for freezer and a larb for tomorrow.

heres the rest of it. Chicken cashew, beef with peppercorn and honey,  Schezuan king prawn and yung chow fried rice. Fresh deep fried prawn crackers.

Dont worry, be silly.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • 0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Properly over indulged in a chip steak supper, ordered a single chip steak, and chips separately so that I could get vinegar on my chips without getting any on my chip steak, therefore I got a lot more chips than I would have had I ordered a super, and didn't I bloody eat the whole lot.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    edited October 2023
    Last night we had Mrs O's version of Jamie Oliver's Allotment Cottage Pie with root veg, mushrooms, lentils and chilli Marmite.  Winner winner veggie dinner!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    Big Family Dim Sum today ........Royal China Baker Street 
    I love it when kids boyfriends and girlfriends etc come ....an excuse to order so many different things (or just shock them with the Ducks Webs and 100 year old egg )
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    Before it goes in, or when it comes out?
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.