Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Show us your dinner - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Show us your dinner

What's Hot
swillerswiller Frets: 662
Lets see em..
Jerk chicken today... Smoked on the weber, away from direct heat for an hour. Smoked using pimento seeds, some old rosemary, old thyme and peppercorns and some stale slices of bread as a top up which smoke great. Coals on one side, chicken on the other, lid on, vents open. Top vent above the cool side so it draws smoke across the chicken.
Marinade was 72 hr scotch bonnet, garlic, ginger, spring onions, thyme, ground pimento, brown sugar, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar. Whizz it up and leave it in fridge.
Completely sensational and authentic. The long marinade is the key.  Look at that cherry sunburst on the drumstick. :)

Dont worry, be silly.
1reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11229
    Not one of my best....lazy dinner.  Eggs with mushrooms & chives, sausages and potato waffles.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 4930
    You’ll have to wait until the morning now…. B)
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1230
    Early supper today at 5.45pm — poached salmon and salad, then went to see an excellent Opera North concert performance of Bizet's "The Pearl Fishers".
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    tone1 said:
    You’ll have to wait until the morning now…. B)
    picnic  or lion bar ?
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Aaaarggghhh! I'm back on Farcebook!

Only joking, that chicken looks real nice, and I also fancy the sausages and waffles on the next pic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    well I made a thai edamame bean green curry, with stir fried pork and basil leaves,  and sticky rice.  

let me know if you want to see it......................................
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    Going to neighbour who is a great cook .....I know the starter is Orzo with Lobster and King Prawns with a second course of caramelized Duck and Watermelon Salad . Main is going to be some kind of Spatchcocked glazed Chicken .
     His 3 kids together with grandchildren are coming over for Father's Day and he loves to do a banquet so we are very happy to be on the guest list !
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6460
    Sardine pasta tonight.  Cover bottom of saucepan with thin layer of olive oil and add 3 tins Sainsbury's boned and skinned sardines and half tin of their anchovies.  Heat very gently (number 3 out of 9 on my hob) - its going to be on the heat for about 20 mins so no need to rush. Add garlic, turmeric, black pepper, and parsley (all from Aldi bottles, and salt is provided by the fish).  Mash the mixture with the edge of a wooden spoon or similar - as it heats it will begin to break down anyway.  Put lid on saucepan after 5 mins and turn down to 2.  Stir/mash occasionally. That's the sauce gently suffusing all those flavours.

Put your favourite pasta in large pan of salted boiling water as usual (I use Aldi fusilli).  When there is 6-7 mins to go, slice up a pack of tenderstem broccoli into 2cm lengths and add to the boiling pasta pan.

When pasta ready, turn off all hob, drain pasta and the mixed in broccoli for a few seconds then return to the pan so they are still coated with pasta water.  Then add the sauce into pasta pan and mix thoroughly to coat all the pasta and broccoli with the sardine sauce.  Serve up with crumbled feta cheese sprinkled liberally over the top.

The broccoli adds texture, anchovies add umame flavour, and the turmeric and feta go brilliantly with the sardines.
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 770
    I was just taken to tobys...it was like a fucking car crash on a plate. 
    My Trading Feedback

"If it smells like shit...It is probably shit"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • swillerswiller Frets: 662
    edited June 2023
    all sound delish. Pics a bonus. Ill do the links if peeps struggling. 
    Here is the best fish and chips in UK taken a while back. Blakeleys in brighouse. Beef dripping fry, scraps haddock special. Served appropriately. None of this curry/tartare sauce shit!.  Of course,  cardiac arrest levels of salt and vinegar. 

Dont worry, be silly.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Not vinegar, proper non brewed condiment  ;)
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    God, I spent one night away from home and this place has turned into Instagram.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4697
    swiller said:
    Here is the best fish and chips in UK taken a while back. Blakeleys in brighouse. Beef dripping fry, scraps haddock special. Served appropriately. None of this curry/tartare sauce shit!.  Of course,  cardiac arrest levels of salt and vinegar. 

Ruined by that filthy red stuff!  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 10838
    Scrambled eggs on toast.

I'm sure you know what that looks like. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Nitefly said:
    swiller said:

And the guacamole...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Nitefly said:
    swiller said:

And the guacamole...
    and the batter
  • rogdrogd Frets: 1430
    Bloody southerners. Don't know wots good for 'em!
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17130
    bertie said:
    Nitefly said:
    swiller said:

And the guacamole...
    and the batter
    Slightly worried by the lack of pickled onions, here.

This is yorkshire style. I lose hope for some. Literally the best meal in the world.
    Well said Rogd. 
    Dont worry, be silly.
    That ketchup, though.  I can't stand ketchup.  And putting it right next to the mushy green stuff makes it even worse.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    edited June 2023
    Philly_Q said:
    That ketchup, though.  I can't stand ketchup.  And putting it right next to the mushy green stuff makes it even worse.
    It should be over the chips of course. 

Where is the cup of tea is the big question, bread and butter also should be in view.  
    edited June 2023
    Philly_Q said:
    They are called peas phyllis, good stewed marrowfats as it should be. None of this luminous green nonsense you get in the tins. Can you see the texture on them, like cement on a briccies trowel. stunning.
    And because the fish is fried in beef dripping, you get that beef and tomato flavour, which is a marriage made in heaven across all global cuisines. The batter has crispness of monster munch and tastes like an organic prime ribs crisped up spinalis dorsi.

Dont worry, be silly.
    swiller said:
    Philly_Q said:
    They are called peas phyllis, good stewed marrowfats as it should be. None of this luminous green nonsense you get in the tins. Can you see the texture on them, like cement on a briccies trowel. stunning.
    And because the fish is fried in beef dripping, you get that beef and tomato flavour, which is a marriage made in heaven across all global cuisines. The batter has crispness of monster munch and tastes like an organic prime ribs crisped up spinalis dorsi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mushy_peas

"Most commercially produced mushy peas contain artificial colourants to make them green; without these the dish would be murky grey. Traditionally the controversial colourant tartrazine (E102) had been used as one of the colourants; however, as recently as 2019, major manufacturers were using a combination of brilliant blue FCF (E133) and riboflavin (E101).
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    swiller said:
    Philly_Q said:

Beef monster munch flavor batter, that’s got to be pretty much as good as cuisine gets.  
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    Like a bit of Edamame & Enoki :+1: 
    munckee said:
    swiller said:
    Philly_Q said:

Beef monster munch flavor batter, that’s got to be pretty much as good as cuisine gets.  
    I don't care what you say, it looks horrible. No problem with the fish and chips, just the red and green stuff. Ugh.
    Philly_Q said:

I don't care what you say, it looks horrible. No problem with the fish and chips, just the red and green stuff. Ugh.
    Well you wont like tonights swampy effort either.
    Thai GC.

Dont worry, be silly.
    That's not so bad.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Sometimes a large donner and a couple of tins of lager is all that is required. Half way through. Wish me luck. 

Dont worry, be silly.