Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NEW, FREE BRIDGE PINS DRAW - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NEW, FREE BRIDGE PINS DRAW

What's Hot
MellishMellish Frets: 945
edited June 2023 in Acoustics
Martin Liquid Metal in bone finish. 

These are white with red dot inlay. Again, they come in a Martin polished alloy presentation tin, and the bone look...well, I'm tempted to keep 'em  

As before, I announce the winner in public, then PM them for name & address....blah,blah.

I had intended to put them on the Martin and have just one draw, but this way members can get two chances to win. 

So, the draw is open NOW and the closing date for entries is 10th of July.

Good luck!  
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4353
    I'm in.... lol
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MellishMellish Frets: 945
    @thomasross20 barges his way through door security to sign in for the draw.

=) 

;) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3144
    I'm in

Have knocked off a container load of these and are slowing laundering them? :lol:
    @drofluf shhh!

=) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OK
    @C_side_Grandad enters

:) 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    Put me in again please :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

In goes @ICBM ;

• PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3390
    Yes please :)
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    @PC_Dave is in.

I'll add @Kittyfrisk, @Choivert and @sev112.

I'd like to add others (they know who they are) but I'll just tell 'em that they're very very welcome to put their usernames in. I'd be honoured. 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Much obliged :+1:  ;)
  • markjmarkj Frets: 851
    Yes please.
  • yes please
    edited June 2023
    ^ OK sirs. 

I'll also add @BillDL ;;
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2588
    In please :)
    ^ hello young man.

Alrighty :) 
  • camfcamf Frets: 1175
    Cheers @Mellish, can you add me too please?
  • GandalphGandalph Frets: 1513
    Nice one Mellish, I'm in please :) 
    ^^ both in.

:)  :) 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • funhousefunhouse Frets: 123
    Yes, please
    @funhouse is in.

edited June 2023
    If anyone wants to enter the draw  in private, shoot me your username by way of a PM.

I Won't ask why, that's your business. 

I hope you'll join in publicly,  just giving you the option. 

• SteveFSteveF Frets: 505
    I’ll sit this one out - happy with the bling-pins. :D 
    ^ Okey dokey

• Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1715
    Ja whol. Plastic ones in my 2nd hand Yamaha FG430 look a bit chewed up. Was thinking about putting some wooden ones in. Do bridge pins make a big difference to tone? Guess they must. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

edited June 2023
    ^ this is so subjective and can cause heated debate. Some say they can hear a difference (I'm one), others insist it's little more than pure, undiluted nonsense. Hopefully, it's for its own thread. 

Anyways, in you go sir  
    Mellish said:
    ^ this is so subjective and can cause heated debate. Some say they can hear a difference (I'm one), others insist it's a nonsense. Hopefully, it's for its own thread. 

Anyways, in you go sir :) 
    Thank you kindly @Mellish mate. 

Ian

I do know one thing about bridge pins though. If the ends of the bridge pins are chewed up it will mess up the bridge plate each time you change strings. In fact if you don't bend the end of your string over to make sure all the ball ends line up in the same place everytime you will mess up the bridge plate over time. I you imagine being able to see through all the holes in the ball ends from low E to high E in a straight line then that's what you want them to look like underneath. You should always do this. 

Ian

edited June 2023
    ^ well the beauty of Liquid Metal or Luxe (they're the same thing) is that they don't wear, or if they do it's an unbelievably slow process. So ignoring the tonal aspect, they still offer longevity which (if you like what they do) will save you money. 

edited June 2023
    I'll take the liberty to add:

@discostu
    @supportact
    @tomjax
    @bowks