Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Glastonbury Line-up 2023 - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Glastonbury Line-up 2023

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• horsehorse Frets: 1502
    munckee said:
    If anyone goes could they look for my hat which I lost in 2005. It was blue. 
     Reminded me of Bez on Would I Lie to You, with his tale of losing his false teeth at Glastonbury 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9128
    edited June 2023
    Thanks for posting this and for the reminder to get on iplayer when it's all done.

Quite a few I'm looking forward to, though the most interesting one to see in a festival setting for me would be the brilliant Jacob Collier. Shame he can't be on one of the stages wth a bigger crowd number as his "crowd choir" conducting thing would be amazing in the festival atmsophere.

Looking forward to these (for my own benefit, when it comes to searching on iplayer, to have a ready list):
    Cat Stevens / Yusuf
    Ben HOward
    Lana del Ray
    Christine & the Queens
    Editors
    Cat Burns
    Laura Mvula

Plus the inevitable surprise at finding a new (to me) act I've not heard of
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 2983
    Standard. 

I’d watch Generation Sex to see if they’re as terrible as I think they’d be…. Maybe Tim Healy’s DJ set so I could shout Haysi Fantaysi lyrics at him, but that would be past my bedtime anyway. 
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 189
    edited June 2023
    The Foo Fighters are rumoured to be playing the main stage on the Friday night  ahead of Royal Blood and the Artic Monkeys. There are also three other TBA still pending, with one of them being the No. 3 slot at Woodsies on Friday, so they should be fairly well known.
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 863
    Would love to go if anyone reading this has decided they don’t want to go and fancies offloading their tickets. 
    Bear in mind they have the name, address and photo of the ticket holder printed on them to stop touting.

Didn't think I was going to get to the farm this year but secured a spot with Oxfam yesterday so will be there after all! Not paying too much attention to the line up atm as I don't know when i'll be working yet.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 9752
    Its kind of strange that the youngest headlining band is nearly 20 years old, the middle one 35 ish and Elton 50 odd  ..... years ago an Oasis, Radiohead, Muse etc  or some other current band in their prime would headline. 
    I suppose there are no big breakthrough bands like that anymore which is kinda sad. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Excellent, I'm glad to see Royal Blood are playing....
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4697
    Philly_Q said:
    Excellent, I'm glad to see Royal Blood are playing....
    Nah, too pop for me - they were supporting that Capaldi geezer the other week!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    edited June 2023
    Oh my god, I started reading through the full line-up but I only got about 20% of the way, it's just too much.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    munckee said:
    Holy crap, 2005 was 18 years ago.

I'm getting old.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5260
    The Hu!
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2493
    I find it slightly disturbing that I've heard of so many of the acts on there. 

Also: Sniff and the Tears. If their setlist reflects their recorded output it will be several versions of Driver's Seat interspersed with other songs that no one can quite remember. 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    DiscoStu said:
    The Hu!
    They're absolutely brilliant!  You won't see anything else like them.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4001
    My eldest daughter (12) is quite excited about it. 

She was taking the piss out of me, as I was saying it’s the first year I can remember where there are more acts whom I don’t recognise the name of, than do. 

Says it’s a true sign of me getting old. I’m inclined to agree. 

I really enjoyed watching some of the highlights from last year. Will do the same this year and hopefully find some new stuff I like. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

edited June 2023
    It will be interesting to see how the operatically trained singer Caroline Polachek performs live, as she's got the goods vocally, but her recorded music has high production values due to the nature of the genre. I've heard her sing live while playing the piano in a studio setting, and she sounds great.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4649
    The problem with Glastonbury is there are not enough stages
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 2983
    Reverend said:
    The problem with Glastonbury is there are not enough stages
    …and they definitely need more bands at Download.  
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    I don't often watch it so I have a question - will the Avalon Stage make it onto the telly?

I'd quite like to see Vintage Trouble.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    I don't often watch it so I have a question - will the Avalon Stage make it onto the telly?

I'd quite like to see Vintage Trouble.

BBC website says 'Pyramid, Other, West Holts, Woodsies and Park stages.'

In theory the roaming cameras could catch bits of other stages I guess but as they won't have clearances agreed to show stuff in practice it will be limited to people in wacky outfits and/or gurning at the camera. They also have the campfire performances so conceivably VT might rock up a short unplugged set but I feel that's unlikely. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 283
    edited June 2023
    I haven't been since the mid 90's. Just looked through the line up and it looks like too much walking for me. Acts I would like to see there this year if I could be teleported between them, and time travel existed are, in no particular order -

Texas
    Guns And Roses
    Elton John
    Steve Earle
    Lana Del Ray
    The War On Drugs
    Queens Of The Stone Age
    Rick Astley
    The Teskey Brothers
    Richard Thompson
    Badly Drawn Boy
    The Arctic Monkeys
    The Damned
    Neville Staples
    Beans On Toast
    Billy Bragg
    Yusuf

edited to reflect that I'd put Elton John twice. I should've put Steve Earle twice
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 2587
    munckee said:
    Holey cap, 2005 was 18 years ago...
    ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1005
    Really looking forward to this as I don't have much on this weekend. Hopefully most big acts have full sets live or on demand.
    I've been watching some of the past hilights on BBC2. Their idea of a hilight seems to be the cheesiest, most wince inducing moments of the last 20 years. But I suppose it just reinforces the idea that once you are there you can create your own festival and that the headliners aren't the be all and end all. 
    Just noticed that The Chicks are on the main stage and we might see them live at some point so hopefully that'll be shown. 
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2005
    rze99 said:
    I had no idea who that was in the listings. I’d watch them but as I won’t be there and it’s not a filmed stage I probably can’t. 
    rze99 said:
    I had no idea who that was in the listings. I’d watch them but as I won’t be there and it’s not a filmed stage I probably can’t. 
    They are on the Other stage.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Vintage65 said:
    rze99 said:
    They are on the Other stage.
    Found them on iPlayer. Ta. 
    edited June 2023
    . Wrong thread.