Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Glastonbury Line-up 2023 - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Glastonbury Line-up 2023

What's Hot
Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 189
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4389
    Leftfield!! And toya and fripp
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 189
    edited June 2023
    John Peel has finally been cancelled for his legal marriage, although they are not exactly saying that was the reason. The iconic stage has now been renamed Woodsies.
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2198
    Vintage65 said:
    John Peel has finally been cancelled for his legal marriage, although they are not exactly saying that was the reason. The iconic stage has now been renamed Woodsies.
    Que?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Que?
    He married somebody in America who was of a legal age at the time, and the cancel crew have been after his legacy these past past few years. Anyway, not to detract from the thread title, what do you think of the line-up? I think it's a bit underwhelming, but there are always a few acts who exceed expectation.
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3543
    I’ll be watching from the sofa but there’s a few sets I’m looking forward to.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited June 2023
    I’ll be watching from the sofa but there’s a few sets I’m looking forward to.
    It's the best place      There are still 3 TBA acts, so I am hoping for Alvvays or Alex G who are currently touring the UK/Europe. Caroline Polachek is a good performer with a highly rated new album, but a lot of the acts seem like they will be dusting off the cobwebs before they go on stage. The most coherent part of the weekend for me will be The War on Drugs, followed by Queens of the Stone Age. I am a big fan of Troy Van Leeuwen's guitar work.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    Vintage65 said:

That's sadly not the only dodgy thing that he was up to. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 1966
    Vintage65 said:
    Que?
    He married somebody in America who was of a legal age at the time, and the cancel crew have been after his legacy these past past few years. Anyway, not to detract from the thread title, what do you think of the line-up? I think it's a bit underwhelming, but there are always a few acts who exceed expectation.
    Bit more to it than that if you do some research into his own interviews over the years - although probably no different to a multitude of rock stars and associated journos, djs etc. of the time. 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    I'm getting old - a lot of stuff I've not heard of - but will watch a lot of it on iPlayer no doubt.

Extremely strong headliners as always of course.  A lot of diversity in genre on the other stages as well, good to see that Glasto is embracing other genres as rock, well, dies on it's ass, as a mainstream genre.

As for the stage name change... maybe it should be split into another thread?
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    edited June 2023
    Edit - NM - too controversial
    Chuffola said:
    Bit more to it than that if you do some research into his own interviews over the years - although probably no different to a multitude of rock stars and associated journos, djs etc. of the time. 
    I'm not fully up to date on everything, but it's job done as far as the big tent is concerned. A lot of great bands owe a debt of gratitude to JP, however I do understand that the waters have been muddied somewhat.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    Quite a few acts I'd like to see on there but probably few of those will make it to the iPlayer. 

I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
    edited June 2023
    Quite a few acts I'd like to see on there but probably few of those will make it to the iPlayer. 
    I think nearly every act was on catch-up last year, with only a few of the early performances missing, such as Just Mustard, who I really wanted to see.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    Vintage65 said:
    I think nearly every act was on catch-up last year, with only a few of the early performances missing, such as Just Mustard, who I really wanted to see.
    From my memory of it there are complete stages that they don't film sets from. There's enough blues and reggae and that kind of thing going on scattered across the stages that I'd be kept busy walking around the site but not much of that ever makes it onto TV. But we will see I guess. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
    darthed1981 said:As for the stage name change... maybe it should be split into another thread?
    I only mentioned it so that people would know what the Woodsies stage was all about. This is the article I saw where Emily Eavis addressed the situation, and where I got my quote from. If there was other stuff going on it was unbeknown to me and not obvious from the article.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/glastonbury-renames-john-peel-stage-ahead-of-2023-festival-3407694
    edited June 2023
    Vintage65 said:
    From my memory of it there are complete stages that they don't film sets from. There's enough blues and reggae and that kind of thing going on scattered across the stages that I'd be kept busy walking around the site but not much of that ever makes it onto TV. But we will see I guess. 
    Yes, they only cover the main stages with the bigger acts, which is more than enough!
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Jeez, pretty solid innit 
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 3775
    Barely recognise any names.   Looks like only Joanne Shaw Taylor and Vintage Trouble would be worth a look.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4389
    Is good to see Jabba The Slut back on the circuit

Vintage65 said:
    darthed1981 said:As for the stage name change... maybe it should be split into another thread?
    I only mentioned it so that people would know what the Woodsies stage was all about. This is the article I saw where Emily Eavis addressed the situation, and where I got my quote from. If there was other stuff going on it was unbeknown to me and not obvious from the article.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/glastonbury-renames-john-peel-stage-ahead-of-2023-festival-3407694

Fair enough mate.
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 878
    How many bleeding stages /fields are there thesedays??? Something for everyone.
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1067
    The Churnups - Pulp or Foo Fighters?
    Just like a headless horse without a horse.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4005
    Glastonbury is still the best value for money you’ll see anywhere, pay for the “Glampibg” section and it’s almost bearable for us old farts
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 2921
    Even I'd like to be there. There's deffo something for everyone and a lot of crossover issues even for an old gimmer such as myself.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• guitartangoguitartango Frets: 954
    Worth seeing Rolling Rick, so he has done the "Smith's", maybe he could do the "Pistols" this time. Saw him live and he is a great act
    “Ken sent me.”
  • Would love to go if anyone reading this has decided they don’t want to go and fancies offloading their tickets. 
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 665
    I'm not going this year but I have to say 'DJ Absolutely Shit' is a fantastic stage name. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 944
    Actually quite a diverse mix on the other stages/areas - quite a few of the top slots mean nothing to me apart from the household names, but the lower tiers have a lot going on. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    edited June 2023
    Very little of interest for me, maybe 6 acts total. It's not a festival that caters for the likes of me. Having said that, I often flick the TV on and catch a few things, some can be interesting. I enjoyed Dolly Parton a few years ago.

Gilbert O'Sullivan!?!? I hate to say it but I thought he'd popped his clogs ages ago.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    If anyone goes could they look for my hat which I lost in 2005. It was blue. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter