Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). New Foo Fighters - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

New Foo Fighters

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I couldn’t stop myself.
    I bought the album.
    I’m a stickler for CDs.
    My car doesn’t do any of that fancy schmancy Blue teeth stuff so if I don’t want to listen to the frequencies in the air on the road that’s my option…

I also tend to find that after I have zapped a plastic disc with a laser and converted it into sound waves in my automotive speakers I find it more enjoyable than I first did when listening to a song through a stream on the interwebs or whatnot.

It’s not that bad after all. It is very “Foos by numbers” though in places (that tends to also be the highlights though).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2295
    I really enjoyed them when I saw them perform at live at Leeds festival yonks ago. But whenever I hear their music elsewhere, it sounds like middle of the road rock and doesn’t grab me. I’ve listened to a couple of their new tracks and it’s the same again. It’s a shame as they’re a band I’d like to love.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I think its incredibly average. Except for a couple of tracks on albums over the years, most of their stuff after Theres Nothing Left to Lose is. One By One was the beginning of the end for me.

I love Dave Grohl but he's at his best when he's behind a kit. QOTSA? Excellent. Them Crooked Vultures? Phenomenal. Josh Homme should just employ him full time in my opinion
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I'd gone off them for a while now but Josh Freese (one of my favourite drummers) is now on the team, so might check them out again.  Though I don't know if he contributed to the album.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    I'd gone off them for a while now but Josh Freese (one of my favourite drummers) is now on the team, so might check them out again.  Though I don't know if he contributed to the album.
    Don't think so, it's all Grohl.  But I might have that wrong.
  • Philly_Q said:
    I'd gone off them for a while now but Josh Freese (one of my favourite drummers) is now on the team, so might check them out again.  Though I don't know if he contributed to the album.
    Don't think so, it's all Grohl.  But I might have that wrong.
    You're right @Philly_Q ;.  Just looked it up and Freese isn't on there.  Oh well.