Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Tina Turner - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Tina Turner

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 3950
    Strat54 said:
    What a legend R.I.P  Just watch this with Robert Cray.....much respect. 

That's good.
    Such talent.
    And it makes me nostalgic for the sound of great singing from the days before Autotune.  It's magical at this level of ability.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    I still have a vinyl copy of BEF's 'Music Of Quality & Distinction Vol. 1' which effectively rebooted TT's career, and deservedly so.  Martyn Ware and Ian Craig Marsh were also behind many of her subsequent hits.  I wasn't a massive TT fan but as others have said, she was a bona fide legend and a great performer.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 770
    I always liked this

https://youtu.be/_6igcfvq2BQ
    My Trading Feedback

"If it smells like shit...It is probably shit"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    nero1701 said:
    I always liked this

[It’s Only Love]
    That’s the only Bryan Adams song I actually like.

The guitar sound on the opening chords is fantastic, I assume it’s a Strat into an AC30 but I don’t know for sure.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• CoolCatCoolCat Frets: 158
    An end of an era.

R.I.P  Queen of Rock.
    'Life is very short, and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend' - Lennon & McCartney (We can work it out).
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    I saw her live just as she was making her comeback, so an audience of a few hundred in Wolverhampton and she was headlining arenas a few months later. That whole review thing with the dancers was new to me but full of energy and not schmaltz. Happy memory. 
    RIP
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break.