Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Sherwood green, making a guitar and many balls ups. - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Sherwood green, making a guitar and many balls ups.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Penn said: 
    No flies on that. :)
    Be seeing you.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 505
    That looks great! :D 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • PennPenn Frets: 351
    Penn said: 

No flies on that. :)
    There is a tiny spec of pollen in the clear coat which is annoying but it doesn’t really notice.

SteveF said:
    That looks great! :D 
    Sporky said:
    Nice!

Green is good. 
    Thank you both and yes I love Sherwood Green. I also have an Aqua Marine Metallic Strat and an ocean turquoise  jaguar. I have a thing for green :). You want you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    That’s beautiful. Truly one of the the best-looking Strats I’ve ever seen.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    ICBM said:
    That’s beautiful. Truly one of the the best-looking Strats I’ve ever seen.
    Thanks. That’s really kind. Especially considering the amount of Strats you’ve seen! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    Penn said:

Thanks. That’s really kind. Especially considering the amount of Strats you’ve seen! 
    I've always loved the blue and green metallic colours on a rosewood-board Strat, for me it's the perfect early-60s look. (I hope it's as blue-green and not 'green-green' as it looks in the pics, I know blues and greens don't always come out the same in pics as in reality!) I'm not a big fan of the green/grey pickguards really, but on those colours it does work.

It's nice that you've resisted the temptation to relic it too :) - the light tarnishing on the bridge and the dirty knob grooves (careful how you say that ;) ) make it look like an original but perfectly preserved 'closet classic' as Fender used to call them. If it gets some light playing wear and the odd genuine mark it will just start to look like a proper old guitar.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    ICBM said:
    Penn said:

I've always loved the blue and green metallic colours on a rosewood-board Strat, for me it's the perfect early-60s look. (I hope it's as blue-green and not 'green-green' as it looks in the pics, I know blues and greens don't always come out the same in pics as in reality!) I'm not a big fan of the green/grey pickguards really, but on those colours it does work.

It's nice that you've resisted the temptation to relic it too :) - the light tarnishing on the bridge and the dirty knob grooves (careful how you say that ;) ) make it look like an original but perfectly preserved 'closet classic' as Fender used to call them. If it gets some light playing wear and the odd genuine mark it will just start to look like a proper old guitar.
    It’s all Crazyparts stuff, they sell some excellent stuff. The dirty knob grooves is what I’m calling my next band.  

Under the bed and barely played is exactly what I was going for! I’ve used clear rather than tinted over the top. I’m curious to see how long it takes the top coat to yellow. 
  • Beautiful colour, I use Manchester Guitar Tech Foam Green and its my favourite.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1732
    Cor that's a right stunner!! Amazing job on the spraying and general selection of parts.

Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Chris.BChris.B Frets: 238
    Sometimes the Wow button is just not enough.

That looks fabulous, well done. 
    Rkphilpot said:
    Beautiful colour, I use Manchester Guitar Tech Foam Green and its my favourite.
    BigMonka said:
    Cor that's a right stunner!! Amazing job on the spraying and general selection of parts.

Chris.B said:
    Sometimes the Wow button is just not enough.

That looks fabulous, well done. 
    Thank you everyone. I ended up repainting it a couple of times before I was happy. Once upon a time I used to make and finish furniture. If I could do anything in life it would be making furniture or guitars.