Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). ‘50% of vinyl buyers in the US don’t own a record player, data shows’ - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

‘50% of vinyl buyers in the US don’t own a record player, data shows’

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3819
    I'm not sure I could even think of 2000 albums that I like. Even out of the 30/40 records I have there's probably a few I'll never listen to. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 3605
    axisus said:
    I have 2000 or so albums, all from the old days. I have had no room to set up a record player for over 2 decades, although I 'think' I still have one somewhere.

I keep seeing new vinyl albums that I would love to buy, but I resist as there's no point, plus they are bloody expensive.
    That’s so cool , they are so worth hanging on to , I know what you mean about new album prices they are super high 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    I have a record player and lots of records, but I think I’d get records from my fave artists even if I didn’t have a record player, just coz they’ll probably become rarities sooner or later. 

I also recently got a new CD player, though I guess CDs on the other hand will be cheap for some time.
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 3605
    edited May 2023
    I recently bought this from a car boot sale. I don’t really collect Carly Simon so knocked him down from £3 to £1 as it’s an interesting bit of old tech ,plus the disc looks a bit like the inner foil might have got the rot ,but for a £1 I could justify it for being an interesting example of retro tech . It’s LP size & I do actually like a lot of Carly’s tracks but not enough to collect , she is a super fox from this period in the 80s . 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 283
    I have an original pressing of the first 13th Floor Elevators album on IA, it jumps on Monkey Island last time I heard it.
    I paid £5 for it at a record fair in Brighton in the mid 80's
    My point is, although I can't currently play the vinyl of it, I can still listen to it and it's worth at least 6 times what I paid for it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter