Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). PA kit advice - 4 piece pub covers band - Live Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

PA kit advice - 4 piece pub covers band

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1066
    Musicwolf said:
    Already use one for lyrics prompting. Can I also use a MacBook? Android phones?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • uberscottuberscott Frets: 129
    Not sure about MacBook but the RCFMixer app runs on Android phones, yep. I use an iPad to run the main mix and also tweak my IEM mix on the fly, others in the band use their Android or iOS phones. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    My focus is turning to spec for a sub. I'm told that one sub is enough, and our experience backs that up for regular pub gigs at least.

How important is it to get a good brand? To me they are just big boxes with a hefty speaker inside. I guess a good speaker and solid box is not always a cheap thing.

Wharfedale Titan 15a MK2? £350
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3376
    One sub, certainly a good one, should be enough.  All subs are not made equal.  The cheaper ones are far from even across the working range resulting in 'one note bass'.

Given your budget I wouldn't be trying to stretch it to cover a digital mixer, tops and sub.  I'd at least hold off on the sub until funds allow.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Perhaps renting a sub for now is the way forward. I think that's an option we've got available to us too.
    How about tops/mains? What is good?

I've got my eye on a pair of Alto TX310 but are they going to have enough power/volume as mains?
    I'll start separate threads, I think. Need specific advice about tops and subs.
  • shufflebeatshufflebeat Frets: 93
    edited May 2023
    Danny1969 said:
    @bloodandtears ;;;;
    You still need a headphone amp and you need the right kind of cable to convert aux sends .. which are generally balanced differential outputs to single ended outs. 

Alternatively - use a Behringer (eugh!) P2 headphone amp at one or other end of your cable. Switchable for balanced/mono or unbalanced/stereo operation.