Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Oak Pedalboard Build - Complete - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Oak Pedalboard Build - Complete

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• richman6100richman6100 Frets: 290
    Excellent work, very professional looking indeed. If I'd attempted the same thing, it would have resembled a disinterested teenager's school woodwork project! Consider me impressed. :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • strat84strat84 Frets: 301
    That's fantastic, some skill there. I would have erred on the side of caution though and made it at least 4ft x 3ft  :)
    Excellent work, very professional looking indeed. If I'd attempted the same thing, it would have resembled a disinterested teenager's school woodwork project! Consider me impressed. :-)
    Thank you guys  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I decided to give this a final roundover with a 1/4" bit. It was a better quality bit and gave a better cut than the previous one. I also set my plane to give a very fine shaving and smoothed it all as much as possible.

I did try Osmo on some scrap which looked nice apart from making the end grain quite a dark, amber colour and not very clear. I had some wax polish so gave it a couple of coats and buffed it a bit. Not sure if it will give much protection applied to raw wood but it looks quite nice.

Another thing I've decided on is to only attach velcro where the pedals will sit, just to have as much wood exposed as possible. Here are the pedals pretty much in position, the feet and power pack also need attaching underneath - 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Finally complete and fitting nicely into a large laptop bag ready for this Saturday's gig  :)

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 733
    Wow, I'm really impressed! That's a cracking piece of work. So nice, you'll be scared to ding it I'd imagine?
    Wow, I'm really impressed! That's a cracking piece of work. So nice, you'll be scared to ding it I'd imagine?
    Thank you  =)

A bit yeah! I can always sand it down and re-finish when it starts to look a bit tatty  ;)
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5260
    edited June 2023
    As a former cabinet maker, can I commend you on the cleanliness of your build and your choice of oak for the project.
    Cracking job!
    DiscoStu said:
    As a former cabinet maker, can I commend you on the cleanliness of your build and your choice of oak for the project.
    Cracking job!
    Thank you very much @DiscoStu, that means a lot! 

The Oak was a matter of luck to be honest, just some reasonably priced pieces from Ebay. I did take my time sorting through it and selecting which pieces I wanted for the sides, back and front  :)