Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Jason Isbell - Weathervanes - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Jason Isbell - Weathervanes

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6075
    Just had the chance to listen to the first two tracks so far. 
    Heavy stuff, hard-hitting.  Sounds like a man who has been through few things.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 4817

I don't think his songs are always autobiographical- some definitely aren't- but he certainly has been through some stuff. 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4537
    managed to listen to this this morning, great album 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

I don't think his songs are always autobiographical- some definitely aren't- but he certainly has been through some stuff. 
    Cheers, I know very little about him.

Listen to the whole album now; enjoyed it, although it’s not quite my ‘thing’…but what really struck me was the quality of the lyrics. Some really poignant stuff, some outright funny stuff. He’s a clever guy.

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    I had never listened to him until he did a cover of Metallica's "Sad but True" for their anniversary Black Album cover edition where they got dozens of artists to do covers of the album.

I loved his arrangement of it. I need to listen to more stuff of his.
    Update:
    This album has started to really get under my skin. In a good way, the way you want albums to.
     There is something deeply affecting about his voice singing those words.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Update:
    This album has started to really get under my skin. In a good way, the way you want albums to.
     There is something deeply affecting about his voice singing those words.
    Bingo
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1005
    It's the best album out there right now.
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2005
    Thanks OP I hadn’t heard about the release. Enjoying it on listen 2. 
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 4817
    Interview with Isbell on the Sound Opinions podcast:

http://soundopinions.org/show/916

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    I'm still in love with this record - it's convinced its one of his best. And my vinyl copy just arrived :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • mo6020mo6020 Frets: 117
    Incredible record by a great artist. I think this is the first record he’s produced himself, too. 
    I'm still in love with this record - it's convinced its one of his best. And my vinyl copy just arrived :)
    I can’t get through Cast Iron Skillet without fighting a tear.