Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Red flags? - Live Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Red flags?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 3775
    If they don't let me play a decent guitar solo every 2nd song then I'm outta there. :lol: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3376

In the spirit of ‘I wouldn’t want to join any club that was willing to have me as a member’, I won’t join any band that asks me to be the lead singer (which happened again just a few weeks ago).

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 6724
    edited March 2023
    Once joined what was meant to be a backing band for a pro female vocalist, her granddad as the manager who was apparently making a go of getting her famous after a life in the music business himself. 

The songs were alright, she sounded good on the recordings, didn’t seem to be any auto tune. Turned up to first practice and she refused to sing. We said to her we’re struggling a bit to rehearse the songs without vocals, will you be joining in?
    The granddad steps in with “don’t you worry about her, she’ll sing on the night of the gig and it will be perfect. You don’t need the vocalist at rehearsal”. 

Except yes you do when the whole band is focused on her, so it carries on falling apart. She gets a mic and sings against her granddad’s wishes. It’s… not as advertised…
    The granddad tells me that I’ve got the wrong guitar for the gig and it’s my fault, and I’m not invited back. I was very pleased to not have to make my own excuses to not come back.
    2reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Just if you wouldn’t drink in a bar with them, don’t be in a band with them. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 414
    The come over for a jam line, couple of tunes etc  - and you get there and its a 15 min audition inc setup time - ffs

n part way through another bemused guitar player pops his head in for a " jam " ! Cnuts 

Get the gig and have the pleasure of not turning up for next rehearsal with 15 mins notice ....  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 2811
    There’s the inverse red flag scenario too. When someone responds to your advert and comes along to try out, on paper they are solid and they play well too. However, they proceed to make misogynist and casually racist comments throughout their trial because ‘you get it’/‘you understand’. No, there wasn’t a single one of us who ‘got it’ and as soon as they left it was abundantly clear that they wouldn’t be invited back. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2064
    roberty said:
    It's always worth having a plan of what you're going to say, in case you get the call offering you the gig and you want to politely decline.

I usually say I'm washing my hair that night and then ghost them 
    To be fair Rob, you do rock a splendid barnet!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7159
    roberty said:
    Two crashes, one ride, hi hat, rack tom, floor tom, kick, snare. Any more than that and I'm out

On the other hand I am allowed up to and over 13 pedals
    What no china? What do you expect him to use when it's the breakdown?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7159
    Also when the idiot who creates the click tracks does this:

https://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/244320/the-best-thing-about-using-iems#latest
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 2811
    Also when the idiot who creates the click tracks does this:

https://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/244320/the-best-thing-about-using-iems#latest
    That is brilliant, supposed to be working but giggling away to myself imagining the response.
  • Drummer with a microphone. No thank you!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter