Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Feline Guitars - working with Judas Priest - Made in the UK Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Feline Guitars - working with Judas Priest

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Fantastic, thanks for sharing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    Good good what a brilliant write up! Immense talent,
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12286
    Excellent job. :-)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• BasherBasher Frets: 1071
    Have just seen this. Fantastic job and a really interesting write-up. I love it when people put some effort into explaining their craft in this way. Makes me realise just how much skill is involved in this sort of work.

Thought the carbon rods idea was very interesting. Surprised that other makers of angled, mahogany headstock guitars haven't explored this. Presumably this would not be necessary on a mahogany/maple laminated neck like the ones on Yamaha SGs?
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2108
    Interesting. Amazing work. Im sure in theearly 90 s Yamaha experimented with carbon fibre rods on the top end Pacifica guitars the ones 1221 or 1222 I think. They had floyds on I think.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • fatherjackfatherjack Frets: 180
    edited October 2014
    It's this sort of thing which shows why getting a Feline is great value for money.

Stonking work.
    You don't need much knowledge of anatomy to appreciate the fundamental ubiquity of opinions.
  • fatherjack;372832" said:
    It's this sort of thing which shows why getting a Feline is great value for money.

Stonking work.
    Yeah, I seriously can't understand why you'd pay for a Gibson custom shop new when feline is here.

• Awesome stuff guys!
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 9764
    Brilliant work guys,and I must say that is one lovely looking Custom.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • guitariguitari Frets: 19
    Amazing work
  • Incredible
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2959
    That's a really interesting blog. Thanks for posting. 
  • Wowzers! what a fantastic job! 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24595
    Bloody amazing .. great work and an interesting read ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 2921
    Excellent read - just shows that nothing's irretrievable.  
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• StefBStefB Frets: 2139
    If one of us were to come to you @FelineGuitars as a customer requesting a similar repair, what sort of cost might we be looking at?
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 10901
    tFB Trader
    The actual number of hours clocked up quite high - maybe 20+ hours on the job (easy to see why) which would be about £1000 in labour charges. 
    The paintwork was dealt with separately by DM Guitars, so that would have been an additional cost.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    I'm not surprised at the cost, that really was major surgery!
  • I've reread this a few times, it just amazes me.  

You're an inspiring chap, I'd love to watch you work for a few hours - I bet it would be very educational. 

I love your sig, too.  "Some you'll never want to sell".  Makes perfect sense. 
  • stevebrumstevebrum Frets: 6759
    Brilliant.