Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). PSA: ADA MP-1 plugin!!!!! - Digital & Modelling Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

PSA: ADA MP-1 plugin!!!!!

What's Hot
digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
edited February 2023 in Digital & Modelling
Demo here:

Plugin here:

https://www.nembriniaudio.com/products/mp1-pro-programmable-tube-guitar-amplifier

$29 until 28th Feb. I think I might just give it a go at that price...
<space for hire>
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• HabaneroHabanero Frets: 225
    They have a free Rat plugin too for extra Nuno-ness.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • randellarandella Frets: 3847
    I do actually have an MP-1, and just damn near had a heart attack when I saw what they’re going for on Reverb nowadays! I paid £75 for mine.

Anyway, if this plugin comes close then $29 is bargain of the century. And it’ll probably be less noisy :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 2872
    randella said:
    I do actually have an MP-1, and just damn near had a heart attack when I saw what they’re going for on Reverb nowadays! I paid £75 for mine.

Anyway, if this plugin comes close then $29 is bargain of the century. And it’ll probably be less noisy :)
    £600 - £700. My god, I bought one around 2005 for £150 and bought the MC-1 for another £70. Unbelievable 
  • ColsCols Frets: 6405
    Review here; looks quite good.

https://youtu.be/NiV2oOqIM74 

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178
    edited February 2023
    I had the best ADA-MP1 around in the early 90s (so everyone told me) and it was one of the fabled early serial number ones. It sounded absolutely fantastic and was one of the best sounds I've ever had.

It'll be interesting to see what this one sounds and feels like and great demo from Leon.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Hope they drag it into the Helix at some point.. those SS cleans are awesome.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• Oh, wow @Cols - that's basically exactly how I'd always want a guitar to sound. Really wish I'd had this when we were recording the BHD album.
    <space for hire>
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    edited February 2023
    Well, holy crap. Not only does iLok Licence Manager work on Linux now (you need to use version 5.6.1), but so does this plugin!

Only irritation is that the GUI doesn't update when you click/move around it.

That said, it sounds glorious. If I can get the GUI working properly, I'll definitely be buying this one. It's really worth at least downloading the demo to give it a go.
    <space for hire>
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1023
    edited February 2023
    I hate plugins….can’t stand the feel, nothing like a real amp (or decent modeller, in my case Fractal) but fair play, this is really good, sounds awesome and feels like I’m playing through an amp or my normal setup. Bargain price too, it’s way better than all the neural stuff I’ve tried. Many thanks to @digitalscream ;for the post! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I hate plugins….can’t stand the feel, nothing like a real amp (or decent modeller, in my case Fractal) but fair play, this is really good, sounds awesome and feels like I’m playing through an amp or my normal setup. Bargain price too, it’s way better than all the neural stuff I’ve tried. Many thanks to @digitalscream ;for the post! 
    I'm kinda feeling the same way about it. I noodled around with it for a while, then went to my Bogner Red + Blackstar HT-1 rig, and...I actually preferred the plugin.

It's really insanely good. As a bonus, it includes all the effects I generally use in Helix Native, except it doesn't have all the bloat.

I might actually buy it even though I can't get the GUI to work. It's easy enough to click around to set it up even without any obvious feedback, especially if you know the original unit.
    <space for hire>
  • Oooh, could be interesting for practicing heavier stuff at night!
  • bought - never owned an MP-1 - but I'm using to embellish some recent demos and its rather good 
  • PeteCPeteC Frets: 399
    Bought it - very nice indeed.  Bought it fir the heavy tones but the clean tones sound great in a rough mix already.  Good compression algorithm i think.  
  • FYI all - just a reminder that today's the last day of the promo $29.99 price for this one - it goes up to $137 tomorrow.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8409
    Available for iOS too so might give this a shot 
  • ZappleZapple Frets: 48
    I bought it last week, already used the clean tones on a track. The plugin is very very good. 
  • I’ve bought it too.  Not done anything with it yet. 
  • dindude said:
    Available for iOS too so might give this a shot 
    @ £9.99 as of yesterday, not sure if that’s also an introductory price or not. 
  • FYI all - just a reminder that today's the last day of the promo $29.99 price for this one - it goes up to $137 tomorrow.
    Thanks for the heads up. Just purchased it :) 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    FYI all - just a reminder that today's the last day of the promo $29.99 price for this one - it goes up to $137 tomorrow.
    Though if they’re like any other plug-in company it will be back on sale in the “March clearance” sale tomorrow. And the “Easter sale” in April, then the “Kings jubilee” sale in May…..
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Caved and bought it.  Now to figure out how the bloody thing works.
    Played around with the iPad version last night, great fun and sounds really good. Everything you need for 80s clean and dirty sounds, and nothing you don’t. 
    The other observation is how good, and simple,  these early digital interfaces were - I think I’d sooner see a button push and single parameter display on, say a delay pedal, than trad knobs and presets that aren’t WYSIWYG. 
  • paganskinspaganskins Frets: 273
    mrkb said:
    FYI all - just a reminder that today's the last day of the promo $29.99 price for this one - it goes up to $137 tomorrow.
    Though if they’re like any other plug-in company it will be back on sale in the “March clearance” sale tomorrow. And the “Easter sale” in April, then the “Kings jubilee” sale in May…..
    @mrkb can predict the future ...

Just had an email offering 80% off all products from their website, doesn't seem to include iOS stuff from the App Store sadly. 

Code is CRAZY80 if anyone needs it, valid one time for products not in sale. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    edited March 2023
    mrkb said:

Just had an email offering 80% off all products from their website, doesn't seem to include iOS stuff from the App Store sadly. 

Lol, that makes it even cheaper than the “intro” price. What a grift. 
    Whitecat said:
    mrkb said:

Curse you and your helpful reminder, @digitalscream!  You’ve cost me $2.59.

At either price it’s still a damn sight less expensive than an actual ADA MP-1, with the added bonus that it (hopefully) doesn’t hiss like a tyre bursting in a nest of cobras.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HabaneroHabanero Frets: 225
    Cols said:Curse you and your helpful reminder, @digitalscream!  You’ve cost me $2.59.

At either price it’s still a damn sight less expensive than an actual ADA MP-1, with the added bonus that it (hopefully) doesn’t hiss like a tyre bursting in a nest of cobras.
    I'd considered buying an ADA MP-1-Channel in the past, but decided £400 was too much. This has scratched that itch.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    Cols said:
    Whitecat said:
    mrkb said:

Curse you and your helpful reminder, @digitalscream!  You’ve cost me $2.59.

Hehe...sorry ;)

<space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • wizbit81wizbit81 Frets: 414
    Bought it, looking forward to getting my Nuno on! Never found a plugin with low enough latency for me to actually enjoy playing through it but hoping this will be the one :D
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 10901
    tFB Trader
    Looks great - always loved the MP-1 and Kebabkid's one did indeed sound unreal 

I used to have a few variants of it but just the two early ones with transformer upgrades and tube board upgrades now and Digital Scream's old MP-2

Having said that I must thin the herd a bit of my old rack stuff as I don't find the time to play it all of late

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter