Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Back in the workshop - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Back in the workshop

What's Hot
GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2273

Will sort off, I’m only doing a couple of hours a day.

Photo below is of the first two guitars I have finish this year, although to be fair 80% of the work on these guitars was completed last November.

The guitar on the left of the photo is one of my slimline LPs. The body is 49 mm deep at the top of the body curve, it’ also slightly chambered. I the weight is only 4lb 9oz. I ’ve used the vintage scale length on these two guitars 24.56”, the fingerboard is rosewood with acrylic crown in lays, JD 6100 frets.

The guitar on the right is a full fat LP, the body is 60 mm deep at the top of the body curve. The body has minimal chambering, the weight is 5lb 13oz. This guitar is going to have a wrap over bridge, the three-way switch is going to be where one of the volume controls would normally be.

Both these guitars are sold to one of the FB members.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 15reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Really like the grain on the one on the right.

Good to see something "plain" rather than the usual flamed cap.

Nice spec - congrats to the mystery FB member  ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Good to hear youre getting back to good health Graham.
    It you ever get making rosewood tele necks again I'll be at the front of the queue!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2273
    tFB Trader
    mrkb said:
    Good to hear youre getting back to good health Graham.
    It you ever get making rosewood tele necks again I'll be at the front of the queue!
    I will be making more Rosewood necks, but not for a month or so, I'll put you list. 

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6565
    edited February 2023 tFB Trader
    Great to see you back Graham, hope you're on the mend.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    Great to see you back Graham, hope you're on the mend.
    Yes I'm on the mend, I don't think I'll be back to where I was before the accident, but we see time will tell.

I haven't forgot what you asked for towards the end of last year, that's if you still want it. Although I should say it'll be a while before I can get onto making some LPJ's. I have a bit of a backlog of guitars that should've been delivered before Christmas, so I need to get through them first. As I'm only doing a couple of hours a day, that might take a while.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • PeteCPeteC Frets: 399
    Speedy recovery Graham - great to see you back and sharing your knowledge and experience too.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Good to hear... godspeed with the recovery
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6565
    tFB Trader
    GSPBASSES said:

I haven't forgot what you asked for towards the end of last year, that's if you still want it. 
    I do thank you but there's no rush at all.
    tFB Trader
    I made these about a month ago, SG Junior made from all Brazilian Mahogany, and a left-handed LPJ single cut. 

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 2811
    Love that sg! 
  • slugeliseslugelise Frets: 106
    Love that sofa!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • That SG is fabulous - I assume it has a home? 
    tFB Trader
    Yes it has gone, it was a custom build to order.

tFB Trader
    Another couple of guitars finished, 2 "V"'s, one Bass, one left handed guitar.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2969
    Would you be up for making a Fender type bass neck Grahame ? It’s my friends 50th and I think he’s like a neck to finish a project build he’s had kicking about for years 
    tFB Trader
    I have several bass necks part built, J & P type. If you give us the neck pocket dimensions, or send me the body I'll see if I have one on the shelf that will fit.

tFB Trader
    Although the workshop is closed throughout April, when I come back, the first project will be to finish off a Rosewood TC. This has been on the bench for a little while now, so I think it's time to get it finished. It will be sold as B stock as when I was routing the bridge pickup pocket it chipped out. The repair won't be seen once the bridge is in place as it is quite minor. I will most likely be offering this with a kit of parts, one budget which will be made up of nearly all Wilkinson parts, one will be more expensive, still with a few parts from Wilkinson, but the big difference there will be a choice of Bareknuckle pick ups.

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2969
    GSPBASSES said:
    I have several bass necks part built, J & P type. If you give us the neck pocket dimensions, or send me the body I'll see if I have one on the shelf that will fit.
    Right will do Graham 
    tFB Trader
    The Rosewood TC is now finished, it will be going out either today or Tuesday.

The guitar will be going out with a complete kit of parts. The customer chose Bareknuckle Yardbird pickups, the kit consists of all the hardware you need to build the guitar.

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Looks a real beauty, I love rosewood, especially necks.
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2198
    Nice :D 
    tFB Trader
    Last week's efforts, LPJ DC, very conventional, only difference for me, it's made entirely out of Brazilian Mahogany, it come in at at 5lb 6oz. I normally make the bodies out of Africa mahogany and the neck out of Brazilian mahogany..

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2198
    edited May 2023
    Tasty :+1: 

tFB Trader

tFB Trader
    Some guitars I finished this week, I should point out the bulk of the work was done last week. I only had the Finishing sanding to do to complete them.

Just for a change a piggy chopping board made from Sycamore. The sycamore is fairly plain with just a hint of ripple, unfortunately it has a few knots in it, otherwise it would've been a cap for Les Paul Gold top.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited June 2023 tFB Trader
    In the coming months I'm having a massive clear out of stock. To give you a taste of what I'm clearing out there's a few photos below to show you.

I've got about six black guard TC kits coming up in all different sorts of woods, from a very basic kit with mainly Wilkinsons hardware to more expensive kits with  Bare Knuckle pickups, or Oil City pickups.

For the more adventurous partcaster builders, I've got some LP standards coming up. The guitar above is sold, slightly different lay out of the controls with no three-way switch at the top, it's down the bottom.

And of course, LPJ DCs.

Plus LPJ single cuts.

All the LPJ's are available with hardware kits, which include and a hand wound P90 dog eared pickups from Hot Rod pickups.

Some of the above photos are from my library, this is just to remind members I make a large variety of guitars, not a one horse man like some companies.

I'm off on holiday today when I come back, I will post some more photos of guitars that are coming up for sale.

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 2811
    Ooh that thinline jazzmaster! Wow.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Hi, are there any chunky profile rosewood telecaster necks in the clearout? I’ve got one of yours already and love it so want another for a new build.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    tFB Trader
    mrkb said:
    Hi, are there any chunky profile rosewood telecaster necks in the clearout? I’ve got one of yours already and love it so want another for a new build.
    There will be, but I think it will be more towards the end of the summer. I'm clearing out the stuff above first. I have got quite a few solid rosewood neck blanks to use up, I'll put you on the list.

GSPBASSES said:
    mrkb said:
    There will be, but I think it will be more towards the end of the summer. I'm clearing out the stuff above first. I have got quite a few solid rosewood neck blanks to use up, I'll put you on the list.
    Ok great, Thanks !
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1