Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Oil City Pickups: Offer for tFB members - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Oil City Pickups: Offer for tFB members

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
    tFB Trader
    Here’s my Charvel with the Blackbirds installed. Not only does it sound epic, it’s also surprisingly difficult to photograph now that it’s so shiny…

https://flic.kr/p/2oy1nqh

https://flic.kr/p/2oy2K4K
    Ooooo I like that! 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Thanks @OilCityPickups ! Pickups installed and sound phenomenal in my GS Export Deluxe semi.

Very tempted to drill a hole for a killswitch now but unsure if its sacrilege on a lovely hand made guitar like this!

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    Bloody hell that looks sexy! I have to say the Afterburner Blackbirds look good in there! Well done sir! 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Yeah man that looks great. GS are knocking out some nice looking guitars these days, there's been a couple on here that turned my head
  • SquareheadedfreakSquareheadedfreak Frets: 306
    edited June 2023
    roberty said:
    Yeah man that looks great. GS are knocking out some nice looking guitars these days, there's been a couple on here that turned my head

Thanks both! Yeah I sold my flat top Huber Krautster & PJE Macon juniors & kept the GS, they've certainly upped their game since Auden took over QC & looks wise! Certinally top for the price, weighs in at just over 7lb too

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    roberty said:

Thanks both! Yeah I sold my flat top Huber Krautster & PJE Macon juniors & kept the GS, they've certainly upped their game since Auden took over QC & looks wise! Certinally top for the price, weighs in at just over 7lb too

That is extremely high praise. Wow
  • steve0aksteve0ak Frets: 4
    edited September 2023
    I was a very lucky boy and Ash very kindly offered to make these Blackbird pickups in pink to match my Ibanez Jem jr. They’ve transformed the guitar, it sounds so much better. They seem to pick up everything you do, which is also a slight negative with my messy playing!

tFB Trader
    steve0ak said:
    I was a very lucky boy and Ash very kindly offered to make these Blackbird pickups in pink to match my Ibanez Jem jr. They’ve transformed the guitar, it sounds so much better. They seem to pick up everything you do, which is also a slight negative with my messy playing!

Designed for technical metal ... so clarity and string definition is baked in  :-) 

Pinkbirds ... or maybe Flamingos ....  

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • steve0ak said:
    Blackbird pickups … seem to pick up everything you do, which is also a slight negative with my messy playing!
    Snap! :grin:
    Be seeing you.

• The pic seems to have gone from my previous attempt. 

Clarity and string definition is definitely what the Flamingos have got!