Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Snakehead Tele, refinished - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Snakehead Tele, refinished

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 15793
    andy_k said:
     A relicced Bone white, with a bakelite pickguard would do that some justice.

He's not wrong!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2005
    White all day
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 2884
    edited January 2023
    Snakehead in White Satin….

Scratchplate is not quite there, I need to make a new control plate and ditch the mini toggle, just a volume and tone….

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    paulnb57 said:

The more I look at it the more I dislike the paint colour, its a bit dull and boring, so I can see it all coming apart again for some colour….
    How about white?  

White could look good ....

:D
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2969
    That is now looking absolutely stunning 
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2777
    tFB Trader
    That's nice, the white suits it very well.
  • DdiggerDdigger Frets: 2239
    edited January 2023
    I took the factory tour in Corona in 2018 while visiting relatives in Longbeach.

Here is a link to a thread from then...
    http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/131893/

There was a corridor with guitars on display and here is one of them...

https://i.imgur.com/dsBB9Au.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Ddigger said:
    I took the factory tour in Corona in 2018 while visiting relatives in Longbeach.

Here is a link to a thread from then...
    http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/131893/

There was a corridor with guitars on display and here is one of them...

https://i.imgur.com/dsBB9Au.jpg
    Wow!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

I didnt really get along with the white and ummed and ahhed before refinishing, deciding to match the colour to our new caravan…
    With the exception ot the bridge ashtray cover, all the aged hardware has been replaced and I made a new scratchlate and control plate…

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2198
    Life's simple pleasures... camping and single pickup guitars :)
  • Really nice colour change. You need to do a Land Rover coloured one now! :-)
    Really nice colour change. You need to do a Land Rover coloured one now! :-)
    Same colour as the Land Rover has been on the cards for a while, it would have to be a Strat or Tele, cos its a (De)Fender!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter