Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NEW Raffle - Pink Guitar Project - Raising money for Breast Cancer Now - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NEW Raffle - Pink Guitar Project - Raising money for Breast Cancer Now

What's Hot

Comments

• Ooooh, only just seen this, glad I caught it before the cut off date! 

A nice pink Strat would complement my pink Tele nicely! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • it definitely would ;) thank you!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Hi all, 

Thank you for your support so far. We have a new raffle : https://raffall.com/325785/enter-raffle-to-win-epiphone-goldtop-les-paul-hosted-by-james-holding

In this one, I am raffling off my own 2020 Epiphone 50's standard Les Paul, except I upgraded the pickups for Gibson Custom Buckers. 2020 was the year Epiphone became even better - new headstock shape, better qc and really this guitar is lovely to play.

Normally the gear in this project is all Pink, but the raffle that was supposed to be on right now I postponed because one of our contributor's had some family things to deal with and I wanted to give him time. So, I've put my guitar up in the hope of keeping the project visible and raising more money.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2295
    I missed the previous raffles but not this one. Fingers crossed  :)
  • A goldtop would suit me nicely. Have entered too :) 
  • Also entered. Best wishes to you and your wife, James. 
  • Thanks all :) 
  • 3rd time lucky then! 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • Good luck mate!
  • I'm in James! Never owned a GT...

Wishing you and your good wife all the best  <3

• PabcranePabcrane Frets: 477
    Hi all, 

Thank you for your support so far. We have a new raffle : https://raffall.com/325785/enter-raffle-to-win-epiphone-goldtop-les-paul-hosted-by-james-holding

In this one, I am raffling off my own 2020 Epiphone 50's standard Les Paul, except I upgraded the pickups for Gibson Custom Buckers. 2020 was the year Epiphone became even better - new headstock shape, better qc and really this guitar is lovely to play.

Normally the gear in this project is all Pink, but the raffle that was supposed to be on right now I postponed because one of our contributor's had some family things to deal with and I wanted to give him time. So, I've put my guitar up in the hope of keeping the project visible and raising more money.

Well, I was lucky enough to win this guitar. I got the tix because I thought it was a good cause then I got a message from James after new year to let me know I'd won.

I've always had a soft spot for the Goldtop since I saw Pearl Thompson used one around the Wish Tour era.

I was happy to support the breast cancer charity and James was an absolute pleasure to deal with once the raffle was won (though I think he forgot to send my pink breast cancer awareness guitar cable ; ) ). I can only imagine that anyone else winning a raffle would have a similarly positive & easy experience to me.

I've only had it a day or two but first impression: the guitar feels and sounds very good. It seems really well put together and the gold top is lovely. The pickups sound fab and clear across all strings when strumming - I can't comment on the pickups which were originally in the guitar but I would easily recommend one of these guitars if they're all like this one. 

So a thank you to James - and all the best for your wife's recovery.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Oh gosh!!! At some point soon i’ll stick the cable in the post, totally absent minded of me there!

i really hope you enjoy the guitar for a long time to come ;)
  • Hey all,

thanks for all the support with our last raffle!

We have a new one for a Pink Strat Partscaster with sunbear pickups in, and a hand wired Germanium Treble Booster that sounds and looks great!

There are some clips on our Insta @thepinkguitarproject with Aynsley Lister playing that you could check out.

The raffle is here: https://raffall.com/333341/enter-raffle-to-win-pink-stratocaster-pedal-hosted-by-james-holding

cheers!
  • Very nice! Just bought a couple of tickets. I'm expecting to win this time! ;)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar

• FezFez Frets: 472
    Entered
    Don't touch that dial.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    Done. 

Only a day or so left so I’ll be watching for my congratulations email at the weekend. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • UngulateUngulate Frets: 161
    I've entered too, sending positivity to you & your wife.
  • Thanks guys, really appreciated! So far in total we’ve raised just over £7k since the project started - so thank you to anyone here who has bought tickets :)

this raffle finishes tomorrow so good luck if you enter!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I'm not really bothered about winning but bought four tickets. Good work! 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • maharg101maharg101 Frets: 568
    What a great idea ! Tickets purchased. The strat looks great. 
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
  • hey all! There's a new and rather exciting charity raffle up now :)  

This is for a fuzz face pedal that was made just for the project! If you check out our instagram page @thepinkguitarproject you'll see some clips, and more to come, of the pedal being played by some of my favourite players - JD Simo, Joey Landreth, Philip Sayce, Jared James Nichols, Ariel Posen and Aaron Hiebert. This things sounds insane! I've been playing it at home and will be sad to see it go!

The raffle has about 9 days left to go so good luck if you do enter! 

https://raffall.com/338865/enter-raffle-to-win-the-pink-fuzz-for-life-hosted-by-james-holding

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • photekphotek Frets: 1429
    Entered, if anyone on here wins it and doesn’t want it can I call dibs now please ;)
  • photek said:
    Entered, if anyone on here wins it and doesn’t want it can I call dibs now please ;)
    ;) haha
  • Just one more day to go on this raffle :) thanks for everyone’s support so far!  

There’s a youtube video up including various players playing the pedal like JD Simo, joey landreth and more if you want to check it out

• Hi everyone! Thank you so much for your support on the last raffle, for the Pink Fuzz, where we raised £3000 for Breast Cancer Now.

We currently have another raffle on the go. This one is for a Thorpy FX The Dane, but a very special one in pink with serial number PD1! Thorpy and Pete have been wonderful in helping us spread the word and so far this raffle is doing really well.

If you'd like to buy a ticket, you can here: https://raffall.com/343529/enter-raffle-to-win-pink-thorpy-fx-the-dane-hosted-by-james-holding

I also had a great time collecting the pedal from Pete - he is a genuinely warm and lovely guy. We made this little video just to help spread the word on this raffle - https://youtu.be/69SqHwJc3Lo

thanks for your support if you buy a ticket!
  • Lovely stuff. Just bought myself a handful of tickets :)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar

• excellent, thank you!
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Great cause.  Tickets purchased!
  • PabcranePabcrane Frets: 477
    Hope you raise loads James.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FezFez Frets: 472
    Well I have purchased £10 credit on raffall but can't see how to apply that to the pink Dane raffle, what am I missing?
    The raffle isn't showing as closed. so how do I turn my credit into tickets on this raffle?
    Don't touch that dial.