Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NEW Raffle - Pink Guitar Project - Raising money for Breast Cancer Now - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NEW Raffle - Pink Guitar Project - Raising money for Breast Cancer Now

What's Hot
JamesOnGuitarYTJamesOnGuitarYT Frets: 140
edited August 2023 in Guitar
Hi all,

Recently I started a fundraising endeavour for Breast Cancer Now called The Pink Guitar Project. - Breast Cancer Now focuses on the research of breast cancer treatment and also the care of those with it. My wife is going through the ringer with a very stubborn breast cancer right now, so this is project is really a catharsis for me - but it seems to have touched a lot of people and grown to be bigger than I imagined.

We are building a couple of pink guitars to sell for the cause, but then have had many pink pedals donated from small makers, and a few large ones. These range from large enclosure fuzz faces, to tone benders, accurate nos parts tubescreamers and klons.

In fact, our first raffle launched today - for the Ceriatone Centura - kicking off the whole thing. I have this pedal myself, and compared it to a real Centaur earlier this year and couldn't really tell the difference!

Here is the raffle: Centura Raffle

Over the next few months there will be a few raffles. For example, at one point the prize will be a package of a Fender Player Series Ltd Edition Shell Pink HSS Strat, with a pink Marshall valve amp and a pink Browne Protein pedal. The raffle will cost a little more for that one. 

Then there will be the 'handmade' strat - the body was hand-carved by me (well the belly and top carves were), the rest I cut like a normal person with a bandsaw and router! But, the neck is being made by a British luthier - Jon Case of Case Guitars and the pickups being provided by Sunbear pickups. 

There will also be a partscaster I have had painted pink - and will assemble, and relic myself (for the first time) on youtube.

Anyway, I don't want to make this too long, but I thought it might be something some of you would like to keep an eye on.

The project's website (made by me, and not quite finished!): The Pink guitar Project  

Or you could follow us on Instagram @thepinkguitarproject

And a couple of videos about the project if you want to see how it started: 

Video 1
Video 2
Shorter Video  

Thanks for your time, and let me know if you have any questions!

James
0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6075
    edited October 2022
    Does anyone have any links to The Pink One guitar that did the rounds many moons ago to raise money for this very deserving cause?
    Might have been the Music Radar era.

EDIT:

Just subscribed via the website and read the background behind this. Wishing a speedy and full recovery to your good lady x

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Hi Dave, thank you really appreciate that!

What was The Pink One guitar - that one passed me over

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Hi Dave, thank you really appreciate that!

What was The Pink One guitar - that one passed me over

It was a Telecaster-type with pink strings, which did a tour of forumites - each one of us donating to a breast cancer charity as our entry ticket.
    I believe the guitar was auctioned off afterwards.
    Was probably the best part of 10 years ago now, I think.

Here it is:

https://imgur.com/a/qvCD5Zm

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • That was a very creative idea, excellent!
  • I said before but your bit at the PRS thing at Peach was very moving. I’ve registered and I’m following you on Instagram; all the best with this, and much love to you and your wife x 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar

• @JamesOnGuitarYT - a couple of the links were broken in there, so I fixed them.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Thanks Skull! And digitalscream - much appreciated!
  • Great idea! I'll chip in and give you a follow on the usual channels. I want a pink Ceriatone Centura! 

All the best to you and your wife! 
  • Thanks!

honestly - i end up wanting to buy all of this pink gear off the project myself!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • UngulateUngulate Frets: 161
    Following all your channels, and admiring your hard work building that pink guitar, thanks for showing us the cockups too ;-)
    Have bought some raffle tickets, hope your wife is coping with her treatment.

• Just subscribed via the website and read the background behind this. Wishing a speedy and full recovery to your good lady x
    +1 to this, good work James. 
  • MikeCMikeC Frets: 389
    Great work here. 6 years into my wife’s cancer journey, lots of surgery and all sorted at last. A great charity. 
  • Thanks all!

Raffle going pretty well, £400 taken in the first day, so that’s a small success so far for the charity!

mike - v glad to hear you’ve got to there :) all the best going forward!

• Bought some tickets, hope it all goes well @JamesOnGuitarYT ;
  • Thanks Struan, that’s great!
  • MikeCMikeC Frets: 389
    just bought some tickets...
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 8492
    Best of luck, James.

Ive grabbed a few tickets. Hopefully everyone can dig deep for you. Great cause and great prize
  • Thanks Mike, Thanks Chris! 

Tickets selling better than expected...phew!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    Entered and bump. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • Cheers man! 

Lots of exciting stuff to come still… can’t mention all of it yet, but some great people in the guitar community pulling together to make some pretty cool stuff!
  • Bump

• This is the video my son did for the original pink guitar. A few recognisable faces on there…

https://youtu.be/cGMLqDIymi4

or Bump! 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • This is the video my son did for the original pink guitar. A few recognisable faces on there…

https://youtu.be/cGMLqDIymi4

or Bump! 
    Ace! Don’t think I ever saw that before!

• Hey all - so one of the 4 guitars we will be raffling/auctioning off is a Partscaster. I am making a 4-5 part video series to track the choosing of parts, doing a bit of relic work, wiring, set up and then how it sounds! Then we'll raffle this off... 

Here's the first part.

We still have our first raffle ongoing: https://raffall.com/319432/enter-raffle-to-win-ceriatone-centura-klon-hosted-by-james-holding

cheers!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Hey all!

We have a great new raffle up here where one person can win

A Fender Player Strat in Limited Edition Shell Pink... and it's an HSS! 

A small Marshall amp - the Origin 5 - which Zilla Cabs have refinished in pink tolex, it looks very cool imo.

2 pedals - the Protein by Browne, and the Angry Rhubarb by Redbeard Effects (Thorpy's other company).

AND to finish off, a very classy pink cable made by the lovely lads at Mojo Cables - who also donate money to the charity MIND with each sale.

All of these pieces have been donated to us by Peach Guitars (the Fender), Marshall, Zilla, Browne, Redbeard and Mojo themselves and are much appreciated!

Great little setup - the amp good for recording and small setups - and the guitar is really great. I compared it to one of my Masterbuilt Strats in a youtube video here.

Thanks for all and any support on this!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Hi James - tickets purchased.  Good luck with the raffle and hope your wife makes a full recovery soon as.
  • Offset said:
    Hi James - tickets purchased.  Good luck with the raffle and hope your wife makes a full recovery soon as.
    Thank you - that’s great! 
  • Hi James. Just bought a couple of tickets, and shared a link to the raffle on facebook. I really admire you doing this, and I wish you and your wife so much good fortune and happiness for years to come.
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar

• Hi James. Just bought a couple of tickets, and shared a link to the raffle on facebook. I really admire you doing this, and I wish you and your wife so much good fortune and happiness for years to come.
    Thank you - that’s very kind of you!
  • Hey all, It is the last day of this raffle - finishes tomorrow, Wednesday 30th at 6pm or so - and I thought you might enjoy this demo of the actual guitar in the raffle from Jack at Peach Guitars... as you'd expect, some beautiful playing!

https://youtu.be/mD9QpBwASfI