Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Robbie Coltrane - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Robbie Coltrane

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• HippoPeteHippoPete Frets: 115
    Robbie Coltrane’s most memorable role for me was in “The Pope must die”. The man seemed to channel all the real attributes of a true spiritual leader when his character of a hapless clergyman is mistakenly elected to the highest office.

I think I could die happy with Robbie’s voice telling me it’s all going to be alright.

RIP big man,
    They don't want your name, they just want your number.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DavidReesDavidRees Frets: 293
    this majestic moment from The Supergrass
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 1965
    Ah, loved him in Blackadder. Especially the Christmas Carol 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24339
    I loved Cracker, one of my favourite TV programmes ever. And so many amazing roles. Sad news. RIP. 
    A friend of mine was an extra in one episode. It was filmed at a pub in (IIRC) Moss Side. He apparently enjoyed a ‘Jazz Woodbine’ with Robbie when they broke for lunch. By his account, a very likeable chap.

Loved him in Kevin Turvey’s ‘Behind the Green Door’, Comic Strip, Blackadder, etc.

A massive talent. RIP.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Brilliant as Hagrid, and yes, love him in Blackadder. He was one of those guys that I was always seeing on TV through my life. To be honest I'm surprised that he was as old as 72, but that's young to go these days.

That wall walk took some balls! I could not have done that! What was the point of it relative to the story?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • euaneuan Frets: 1051
    I once saw him drive down Byres Road in what I assume was a 50s Cadillac. Totally out of place but looked utterly majestic and appropriate. 

One of the rare British actors where the role was never beyond him regardless of its size. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stufisherstufisher Frets: 612
    As we seem to be remembering Robbie with fondness and a smile then this will surely resonate with us all ...

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMFMeEnxC/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Bloody hell, completely forgot about Blackadder.

Sausage?  SAUSAGE?!
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    Well, that’s just shit!  :'(
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7208
    first time I saw him was in the Comic Strip Presents - Five Go Mad in Dorset

@6.31

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_KfQ0pD2gw

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>