Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Robbie Coltrane - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Robbie Coltrane

What's Hot
Has died today aged 72. RIP.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    Wow - what a career and legacy as an actor - across generations.

RIP.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5218
    Just saw the headline on BBC news. Such a shame and so sad. What a legend. 

Rest well, Robbie. 

I meant April. ~ Simon Weir

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    Will always be Samuel Johnson to me. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Massive guy, massive talent, massive loss. RIP.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    I loved Cracker, one of my favourite TV programmes ever. And so many amazing roles. Sad news. RIP. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    edited October 2022
    He’ll always be Valentin Zukovski to me but he was fantastic in everything he did. always seemed a lovely guy to boot.

RIP
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    I met him once - while he was just out with some friends, so I tried hard not to be a fanboy - and he was gracious and kind.

RIP Robbie :(

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    he was a guy you felt you knew........................................  and proud of it
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178
    That's very sad - great talent - RIP
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    A Giant in so many ways
  • Such sad news, he was a huge talent. Cracker is one of my all time favourite TV shows.
  • GandalphGandalph Frets: 1513
    Awful news! He was a massive talent and always came across as very humble. 

Always remember watching one of the bonus features on a Harry Potter dvd, I can't remember which one. They interviewed a couple of the make up girls and they commented how he was one of a very small handful of actors that they actually enjoyed having in their make up chair as he was so funny and genuinely gracious and kind. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Sad news. A great talent.
    It's not a competition.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 10838
    A master of voices and accents. RIP. 
  • CoolCatCoolCat Frets: 158
    R.I.P.  He was great in the Bond films.
    'Life is very short, and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend' - Lennon & McCartney (We can work it out).
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1786
    One of my favourite films as a kid was 'Nuns on The Run' with Eric Idle.

If you haven't seen it, you're in for a treat. RIP Robbie.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    I feel like I've seen very little of him in recent years, but I was a fan of Cracker and his early comedy appearances.  RIP
  • He was in Krull which I loved at the time back in the early 80s
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Ahh bugger. He was one of my dad's faves. About the same age too, sheesh
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 4930
    Yeah…..really sad! RIP big fella 
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2424
    Hagrid.

I can't think of any other actor who could've been Hagrid. Nailed it to perfection.

• Great in Harry Potter, great in the Bond films.  And yes, great in Nuns on the Run too.

RIP Robbie.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    For me his defining role was Danny McGlone in Tutti Frutti.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    One of the best characters he played was as Davie the Dial-a-Bus driver in an episode of "Still Game".  Non-Scots people may have some difficulty understanding the broad Glasgow accents and patter.  He suddenly goes loopy tunes at the wheel of a bus full of pensioners and takes them on a hair raising mystery tour.  I'm sure he improvised the whole thing.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Isa's a wee legend too :+1: 
  • stufisherstufisher Frets: 612
    He was Lug, son of Mill and his fire burned bright ... in everything he did  ... RIP big man :cry: 

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    Sad to hear such news - Before reading this post I was thinking Cracker, for me, as his main role - Never seen Harry Potter - But then I forgot about his roles in James Bond, Nuns on the run and Samuel Johnson - RIP big man
  • I assumed he was at least 10 years younger, but even 72 isn't that old.  Very sad loss.

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9107
    The thing I remember watching him in was a series called Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. I guess that outside of acting his real passion was engineering. His enthusiasm for machinery just came through so powerfully. 

RIP.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    He was in Krull which I loved at the time back in the early 80s
    wow yeah  (Lysette Anthony too ?  )   I must see if its on Netsharx or Primus
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.