Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Boss Waza DS-1W is out - FX Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Boss Waza DS-1W is out

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• LoobsLoobs Frets: 3782
    Does sound good. Curious that they chose to mirror the original video though. Everything's back to front. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Anyone tried one of these yet?
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    Anyone tried one of these yet?

I don't think you can actually buy them.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    I've got a stack of DS-1s I destroyed by trying to mod when I was addicted to benzos. The ones that do pass signal sound messed up in a good but not particularly useful way. I should dig them out
  • Anyone tried one of these yet?

I don't think you can actually buy them.
    Various online stores say they have them in stock for next day delivery, so I assume you can.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1255
    edited October 2022
    Always found the Boss Blues Driver way more useable than the DS1 in a live scenario. Not sure if the Waza would improve things? The MXR super distortion 78, or whatever it was called was also way more useable than the DS1, for me. I found the Rat similar to the DS 1 but would revisit....
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 863
    edited October 2022
    Bought one on monday, returned it today.

I bought it mostly for the custom mode. Thought sounded good throught the Deluxe Reverb Tonemaster in the shop for distorted power chords but when I got it home and played with it more I realised that it sounded thin and bright for single string playing. Wasn't really for me using a tele with a hot broadcaster type pickup, the thin-ness might not be so bad on an hb guitar though. I'm going to stick with my 2 Angry Drivers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • The DS2 in Turbo mode with its added mids sounds better than a stock DS1...used to have a SE/Ultra modded one n that wasn't good enough to have me keep it.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    Featured on today's TPS. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3819
    I think they sound good into an already distorted amp. Not so good into a totally clean amp. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Redlester said:
    The player in the video is making pained faces because he was contractually obliged to play the most hideous, contrived and generic guitar music imaginable. Have pity. 
    I thought it was because they made a grown man wear shorts. Unspeakable cruelty. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    Did anyone actually buy one of these and what do you think of it?